ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A new light on the dashboard of the money pit

Ph2 Flamer
Right so driving home and the below light comes on. Didn't fancy pulling over and calling the AA at 11pm and the stop light wasn't on so drove gently home and looked it up in the manual and read a few threads on here. So I understand its the emissions light which means something isn't right with whats coming through the cat or possible the post cat sensor is knackered? Or maybe the o2 sensor or my exhaust might be 'blowing'....

I guess the sensible thing to do is get it on a fault reader to find out whats wrong but am pretty skint this month what with new tyres, new track rods and the bloody cat (the animal) has been in and out the vets all week which is costing and arm and a leg. Soooo from the symptoms below I was wondering if they point strongly to one thing more than another and perhaps I can sort it without having to pay for clip.

Light is solid and not flashing
Comes on the second you turn the key and before the engine fires up.
Has not affected fuel consumption (if anything it's slightly improved)
Car drives perfectly well no change to how it pulls or sounds
Weather has been really wet if that can affect anything
Exhaust i don't know when it was put on and have no idea how to check if it's blowing - is there a noise I should hear or do i look under the car when its running?

View attachment 66532

Oh and am I completely mental to keep driving the car?
Thanks

Megane 225 F1
I drove around for 6 months with my engine management light on. But I knew it was because I had decat.

I'm currently rolling around with abs, TC, serv and airbag light on. Christmas tree dash FTW.

172 Cup
Post cat lambda on the way out/loose connection on knock sensor or just a change in the type of fuel.

My cup has done this when changing from sainburys to shell fuel.

My car ran fine with this light on.

PM me if you want to use my RStuner to check the fault.

Black 172
You might find it goes out by itself then comes back on in a few weeks, that is pretty common if it's a failing O2 sensor but I would get it fault read.
My car passed the emissions test with the emissions light on, but only just.

FF 182
Happened to mine, was pre cat sensor :) came on, few days later would go out again.

It will be pre cat more than post cat i would think

2005 Clio Sport 182
Could be anything really! If you was closer id let you use my scanner free. Ask a garage for a cash job to look at it, usually they just charge £10 - £20 as a back hander