ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a few renault selections questions

at the moment ive got a 1.2 clio dynamique billabong on the renault selections finance scheme. ive had it just over a year now and still have one year left before im meant to trade it in. The problem is that Ive got sick of its lack of performance, the fact that I cant modify it at all and I really need a bigger car. I was working out some figures and if I was to get a 1.6 megane on a 53 plate it would only cost me an extra £20 a month overall including the insurance. im likely to be getting a megane anyway when I trade the clio in, but i was thinking Id rather do it sooner than later.

Does anyone know if I would be able to give the car back to the dealer before the two year contract is up?

If i was to keep it until the end of the 2 years, what sort of amount am I likely to get to put towards a deposit?

Cheers

well at bmw i did this twice all you do of course is take out another finance deal so effectively you start over again

I think this is the same with all finance dealerships

Offical car Hoe leece !!

insignia

You will still get fed up of the power in the 1.6 megane after a week.It usually happens when a chavved up kid in his saxo vtr does you at the lights.

You will get the guarenteed minimum future value that they gave you when you took out the loan if you keep it till the end of the agreement period, plus if you are very lucky and have looked after the car you may get a little more to put to the deposit on another.

v. interesting. I wasnt actually thinking of getting another finance deal with renault as Id like to actually own the car at the end of it all instead of giving it back. Plus the APR on their finance is terrible and I can get really cheap loans through work.

I no a 1.6 megane aint gonna be blisteringly quick but i think itll be a decent step up from a 1.2. Plus the insurance was a pleasent surprise, with it only being £10 a month more than Im currently paying for the clio.

To own the car outright at the end of the loan period ,you would have to pay Renault the agreed Gaurenteed(SP) Minimum Future Value. This should be slightly less than what you could sell the car for (if you have looked after it)

If you trade it at a Renault dealer you will be lucky to get much more than the GMFV

[Edited by Red Clio 52 on 30 September 2004 at 3:39pm]

ive herd that alot of people have taken a loan out to pay it off to renault for the MFV and then sold privately. This way your likely to make a bit more than what renault are offering once youve paid the loan back. At the moment im prepared to cut my losses and just give it back to them, (if i can) as Im gonna end up being debted up with my next car no matter what so I thought id rather do it sooner than later.

insignia

sell your billabong and buy a clio RSI and with all the extra cash youve got left you can easily insure it and have extra money left over,and a nippy car?

nah ive got used to having a new car. Really like the megane for its styling and all the little extras that dont come wiv the clio. Plus I really need something bigger than a clio. If size wasnt an issue id stick with the billabong and in a year get a 182. but its just too small and becomes a bit unpractical when you want to get more than 3 people in it.