ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few questions before I tackle aux kit

monaco 172
My aux kit arrived today and I've just got a few questions.

Will I need to take off the pas pump pulley to get the tensioner out? If yes do I need to use loctite when I put em back in?

In the pack I got 2 washers. 1 large one and 1 thin one with teeth in it. Where do these go?

Will a 3/8 breaker bar do the job to release the tension or won't there be enough room to get it in?

Clio 172
There wont be enough room to get any sort of tool in, unless you buy the specific tool. Easiest way it to squash a big jubilee clib in to the overal shape of the tensioner, put it around the tensioner and tighten the jubilee clip to take the tension off. There wont be any need to remove the PAS pulley, but if you want to for more access (just 3 bolts anyway) then you don't need loctite. Taking the old tensioner off should show you where the washers go.

Clio 172
After owning a 172 for the past 6 years my threshold for what counts as a pig of a job has been creeping upward. Easier second time round!

monaco 172
It would be easy if it wasn't so tight.

Used an 8mm Allen key with an extension for the main bolt.

Had to jack the engine to get an e12 socket on the top bolt through the access hole

Then the bottom pulley noatter how or where I jacked the engine the access hole was useless so ended up finding a really offset spanner to get to the bolt.

And the good old jubilee clip to get the belt on as no tool would get in there lol.

Clio 172
It would be easy if it wasn't so tight.

Used an 8mm Allen key with an extension for the main bolt.

Had to jack the engine to get an e12 socket on the top bolt through the access hole

Then the bottom pulley noatter how or where I jacked the engine the access hole was useless so ended up finding a really offset spanner to get to the bolt.

And the good old jubilee clip to get the belt on as no tool would get in there lol.
Was that the access hole for the bottom idler? I've seen plenty of pics with people getting extensions through there, never worked out how they hell they did it. Only method I've found to access it is by putting a socket in it and turning it with a mole grips.

monaco 172
Was that the access hole for the bottom idler? I've seen plenty of pics with people getting extensions through there, never worked out how they hell they did it. Only method I've found to access it is by putting a socket in it and turning it with a mole grips.

Yep, all the guides I read was to jack the engine and get a socket through the access hole. I found that method impossible.

A deep offset 13mm spanner did the trick.