ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few changes to the 182

Artic Blime 182
I decided to do some changes to the 182 as i have now owned it since January and i was getting a bit bored of always having the standard 182 at the meets :dapprove:

I purchased a Yozza Sport exhaust a month ago and it had been sat in my room for about a week collecting dust (i have been doing assignments for college) so i decided it needed to be fitted this weekend.

For some reason i didnt actually take many picture of the under car when the work was being done. :( This is the first time i have done anything big ish to any car i have owned so it was very much trial and error.

This is the 182 before any work was carried out:
SDC10312.jpg

SDC10313.jpg

I can honestly say i have never been under the car before and i didnt own any axel stands.

For some reason i have been a lil scared of jacking the car up :S but up she went:

SDC10314.jpg

SDC10316.jpg

I thought it would look a lot lower at the font than this with the rear on the stands:
SDC10317.jpg

Does look mean though :approve:

SDC10318.jpg

SDC10319.jpg

I managed to get so far (not very far at all) and then i needed an extra set of hands, so Ste came to the rescue (Ste01):
SDC10320.jpg

Followed shortly by Liam (Camble):
SDC10321.jpg

The house then started to look like a pit stop:
SDC10322.jpg

Liam's 1.2 16v:
SDC10323.jpg

Ste's 197:
SDC10324.jpg

SDC10327.jpg

I only managed to get the bracket that holds the cat and centre pipe together off (took ages) and some of the bolts, supports etc. I was determined to get the exhaust off in one. This is Ste telling me it isnt possible as it is:

SDC10325.jpg

SDC10328.jpg

Think we spent 20+ minutes trying to find a solution to get it off in one, by this point Liam had got bored and was on a mission of his own....... to create a 1.2 bumble bee!

SDC10326.jpg

SDC10329.jpg

More pics of his progress:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=435090

We then decided the only way off was to cut it off :dapprove: Ste again jumping to do the work:
SDC10330.jpg

Me and my brother taking turns to get our hands burnt whilst Ste cut away (this is my lil brother on his go) :D
I was waiting for it to go bang!
SDC10332.jpg

Still unable to get the exhaust off even when we cut it my dad came to the rescue and started removing the heat shield's:
SDC10333.jpg

Eventually we got the new exhaust on (then Ste and Liam had to leave):
SDC10334.jpg

It was leaking from the centre and just before the back box but this was solved by tightening it up. This is what it looks like now:
SDC10335.jpg

I am happy with the exhaust but i want it to sit better in the centre, i tried tonight but i think i will need new brackets (with the rubber x's) as the x's have started to give way and i may need to bend the arms. I will do this when i have the new brackets.

After seeing Ste's blue indicators i decided to invest in some of my own:
SDC10336.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

SDC10338.jpg

SDC10339.jpg

My next cheap mods will be either carbon diamonds or anthracite grey diamonds and artic blue bullets with athracite grey writing. I am unsure as to what colour i want to paint my calipers blue or red, i am concidering going for something a bit wilder like alien green or orange but dont know how they will go? Dont really want to go down the yellow and blue or white and blue road as these have been done although i do like them. Its more than likely everything has been done now.

What i am saving for next to install are: ITG panel filter, polished inlet, re-map, upgraded brakes, coilovers, a few carbon bits.

Thanks for reading the thread and if there is any advice you can give me or comments etc please do.

A big thanks to Ste01 and Camble for all their help :)

Steve

Artic Blime 182
Nice spoiler!

Good choice with the 'zaust too ;)

Yeah the spoiler keeps it firm to the ground, also allows for a good circulation of air lol

An cheers fell in love with the sound of Darrens (Da) exhaust so it had to be. :approve:

Fabia VRS Special Ed
No probz Stevey ;)

Has to be said, it looks and sounds emmense!

Got us some lookers when we hit the town later on :p
Until Steve took me to a "dark place" and tried to rape me :rasp:

Ste's Clio put ours to shame though :(

Disclaimer: No chavs were harmed in the retrieval of my workclothes! :D

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Interesting read mate. If you want to get it to sit more central though, pack the exhaust mounts (x's) with an old socket or small piece of copper pipe on the right hand side of each X. Use a tie wrap to hold them in place, works a treat

Last edited:
  Artic Blime 182
No probz Stevey ;)

Has to be said, it looks and sounds emmense!

Got us some lookers when we hit the town later on :p
Until Steve took me to a "dark place" and tried to rape me :rasp:

Ste's Clio put ours to shame though :(

Disclaimer: No chavs were harmed in the retrieval of my workclothes! :D

lmao - thanks for that!

Interesting read mate. If you want to get it to sit more central though, pack the exhaust mounts (x's) with an old socket or small piece of copper pipe on the right hand side of each X. Use a tie wrap to hole them in place, works a treat

I will try this Gaz thanks :) an i tried to make it as interesting as possible :) thought i would fail lol

Artic Blime 182
Nice one mate. Use calbe ties to get the exhaust to sit straight. Works a treat.

Cheers for the advice :approve:

No probs steve good luck with the modding

Thanks.

I have quite a deep scratch on the bonnet from a stone and a small dent does anyone know how or who in the NW could get rid of these and the cost? It is really annoying me :mad:

I will post some pictures tomorrow evening.

clio 182 black /gold
Good effort. Did you have to cut the back box off? I ask as mine has had a new one put on and they have cut it off and welded a new one on.

Artic Blime 182
Thats 1 clean car

Got any pics of it now with dirtied up tips as looks horrid clean

It is dirty now lol, would be clean but its raining :(

Good effort. Did you have to cut the back box off? I ask as mine has had a new one put on and they have cut it off and welded a new one on.

Yes we did cut it, on the straight pipe just after the first silencer. I believe it can be taken off in one if you remove the rear bumper and you can lower the rear axel enough to get the first silencer over. I would of thought the new ones would have come in two pieces with a bolted joint?

Artic Blime 182
Right as a few questions have been asked about certain parts of the exhaust etc i have jacked the car up again and took some more photos, if any one has any questions fire away an i will try an help.

First here is the nasty scratch on my bonnet, if any one knows how i can get rid of it or anyone in the NW who will be able to get rid off it please let me know.

SDC10349.gif

SDC10351.gif

As i got a request for a picture of the exhausts once they had been used here it is:
SDC10356.gif

Right here is the bracket that holds the centre section and cat together:
SDC10357.gif

SDC10358.gif

This is pretty much the only bracket that holds up the centre pipe:
SDC10359.gif

The section between the centre pipe and the backbox, needs a clean :dead::
SDC10361.gif

This is what holds the rear end of the backbox up:
SDC10363.gif

A shot taken from near the backbox:
SDC10364.gif

SDC10365.gif

The brackets nearest to the rear bumber also supporting the backbox with the rubber x:
SDC10360.gif

SDC10362.gif

The rubber x looking a bit dead:
SDC10368.gif

Finally the exhaust once i straightened them:
SDC10369.gif

Steve

Artic Blime 182
Attempt number 2 lol:

Right as a few questions have been asked about certain parts of the exhaust etc i have jacked the car up again and took some more photos, if any one has any questions fire away an i will try an help.

First here is the nasty scratch on my bonnet, if any one knows how i can get rid of it or anyone in the NW who will be able to get rid off it please let me know.

SDC10349.jpg

SDC10351.jpg

As i got a request for a picture of the exhausts once they had been used here it is:
SDC10356.jpg

Right here is the bracket that holds the centre section and cat together:
SDC10357.jpg

SDC10358.jpg

This is pretty much the only bracket that holds up the centre pipe:
SDC10359.jpg

The section between the centre pipe and the backbox, needs a clean :dead::
SDC10361.jpg

This is what holds the rear end of the backbox up:
SDC10363.jpg

A shot taken from near the backbox:
SDC10364.jpg

SDC10365.jpg

The brackets nearest to the rear bumber also supporting the backbox with the rubber x:
SDC10362.jpg

SDC10360.jpg

The rubber x looking a bit dead:
SDC10366.jpg

Finally the exhaust once i straightened them:
SDC10369.jpg

If anyone has any questions or needs more pics please let me know :approve:

Steve

Artic Blime 182
I believe a lad on here does it in the north west so i may ask him, if a detailer can get it out that would be great :)

Bumder With A Buffer
JD might be able to help you out...surprised he hasnt smelt this thread already..(watch him he's a dodgy fucker!! ;) )