ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Drive out in Trophy #64

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Had some spare time today so what better than to take the trophy out for a few pics

Sadly my picture taking skills aren't fantastic and I Don't do all of this photoshop business to make the pics look better, although I wouldn't mind finding out how to do it.

037-2_zpseeb76177.jpg

043-4_zpscf24f6ad.jpg

027-6_zpsbed76ada.jpg

030-7_zps29efee1b.jpg

035-2_zps75d5c1fd.jpg

031-6_zps1fa7091e.jpg

032-6_zps49e8e9c9.jpg

062-2_zps25c6eeb5.jpg

073-1_zps47d8e90d.jpg

075-1_zps9da5589a.jpg

076-1_zps6a12c86e.jpg

082-1_zps2b5890cd.jpg

084-2_zpsf3a96e83.jpg

085-2_zpsc3bf3691.jpg

093-2_zpsfde75218.jpg

104-2_zpsccacd2d6.jpg

105-1_zps8e5a843d.jpg

118_zpsdecd98cf.jpg

Sorry there's so many, I moved to a few different locations and took around 120 pics, managed to reduce them down to what you see above, hope everyone approves ;)

Edit: Photobucket has ruined the quality :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thanks for all the kind comments guys, next on my to do list is get my door handles painted and maybe some willwood 4 pots to keep me safe in all situations

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks awesome :) ride height looks perfect there now too.

Thanks Keith, I absolutely love your trophy.

It's riding on cooksport springs and know you were interested to see how they sat. I was thinking of getting some eibach rear springs but looking around I think I prefer it as it is

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member

It's riding on cooksport springs and know you were interested to see how they sat. I was thinking of getting some eibach rear springs but looking around I think I prefer it as it is

Thanks :) Yeah, might have to get myself a set soon after seeing these photos and reading reviews

Clio Trophy #343

So what's your opinion on the springs on a trophy? I would ideally like to drop the ride height but bit at The cost of handling as our will really be a track car not much of a road car :)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Chris that looks lush mate! Sorry to highjack but I know you have been through a few different suspension setups. I run H&R's on the BG182 but as you know I've got the trophy's too. I don't know why but I really fancy getting te sachs full refurbed, powder coated with cooksports on instead. Is it worth it, as the H&R's have nothing wrong with them etc just I feel a hankering for some trophy Gucci parts lol? What do you think?

cheers
chris
​DetailMe

Trophy #276
Black insert xenons look better imo, biased ofcourse as I have them fitted myself!

​Ride height looks nice though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
That looks fantastic, mate. And I also like the ride height. I'm tempted to drop mine a little but I'm just a bit wary as it handles so well in it's current form.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So what's your opinion on the springs on a trophy? I would ideally like to drop the ride height but bit at The cost of handling as our will really be a track car not much of a road car :)

I'd be concerned that the car has lost the nose-down stance of the standard car with the Cooksport's, does look a little low at the rear (or perhaps high at the front?) compared to the standard car. As Chris says, i think a pair of Sportlines on the rear would raise it up a little, but not sure on how the varying spring rates would affect things front/rear.

Cars looks great though, a clean Trophy is a such lovely car.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thanks for all the comments.

I can't really give a direct comparison for standard vs cooksports as I dont think my sachs are 100% as they should be and I'm running adjustable rear shocks. What I would say is there has been no ride compromise between standard and cooksports.

I haven't had time to really push on in the car yet but it feels fine.

I agree I personally prefer the nose down look, however I've checked out pics of trophy's with sportlines including my own trophy I owned previously and I think I prefer the way it sits on the cooksports.

Just referring to what dave said, I've decided not to change to sportline rears as I dont want to mess around with the spring rates, so I'm going to contact cooksport and see if they can get me some rear springs which sit 5mm higher.

Also regarding the standard vs xenon, I think trophies look better with the original headlights in, however the xenon headlights are much better in the dark. I won't be changing them though, I'm sick of pulling clio's apart now.