ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A ClioSport letter to Reno

Theres pages and pages on these forums all detailing poor customer service by Reno UK and their dealers.

As a club is there any way we can get together and write a polite letter to Reno detailing the issue from the customers perspective? I think that they may listen to us being the biggest clio club on the net.

I would be interested in hearing their reply, and i would feel like we have done something to try and resolve the problem, instead of moaning and not doing anything about it

just a tought, good or bad... its an idea.

Dan.

I dont actually have a Clio yet - but will do soon.....

For what its worth - I think this is a good idea. If, after sending the letter nothing happens - nothing has been lost - but if there is some kind of action / response.........

Just my tuppence worth

Flash :D

This was instigated ages ago and had pages and pages of responses but i dont think it ever went anywhere. The best course of action is to badger there customer services department and you will keep getting money vouchers which you can use against parts or services mines an 02 plate and i havent paid for anything so far ;) and boy have i had a few trips to the dealers.

Just send them a letter with the site address plasted on it in big letters and under it simply put "think you should read and take note".

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 02 November 2004

Just send them a letter with the site address plasted on it in big letters and under it simply put "think you should read and take note".
i cant see them responding to that, a polite letter will trigger a better reaction.

although a link to the site would be worthwhile for them to see the issues we are having.

i didnt know this has been tried before.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I think its a great idea, i have had so many problems with my car and the service has been so poor im paying for the jobs to be done by a private mechanic, even though they are warrenty jobs...... At least i know the bloke and know they will be sorted properly and correct!!!!

Clio 1.4, SV650S

they will just say that each case has to be dealt with separately...

Having worked as a quality engineer i know that there is no magic wand that renault HQ could wave that would fix all the problems related to poor quality...

firstly with their manufacture process (which they will be continuously improving anyway), and then futher down the line in the systems & procedures used by their staff at dealerships to respond to customer complaints.

I imagine that there are a lot of people working on projects to do with customer service that you would never know about.

320d M Sport

tried this before, loads of replies, never went anywhere....

i cant see how it would make much difference to be honest, Jeremy reads these anyway, he must filter it back, well he does he told me?

S2000

Thing is its the same with any manufacturer not just Renault. Also what is the percentage of people complaining out of the whole club or compared to those that get good service? Should we do a letter praising them too for all the people that are happy?

320d M Sport

what was suggested last time was a letter re the common faults on the Clio, everyone almost has had those, not minor faults either.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

you shouldnt have to praise them for good customer service anyway it should be expected.

feck me you pay 10k for a new car the least they can do is help you properly with a problem.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Hmmmmmm nice idea, but unfortunately youll find that the Renault Customer Service Team tend cause more confusion with the customers than good. Your best bet is to be polite with your local dealer. You tend to find that a polite word with the service manager, will get you alot further than shouting at the counter staff.

And to answer the point raised about praise when something goes well. It is always advisable to send a letter to the dealer principle, to say thank you for good service. 1 it is always replied to, 2. its gonna get you alot further when you have a future problem with your vehicle. 3. if yu mention that you have reported a good dealer to the club and recommended them for users of the club it will get the club reconised as a serious club, not just a bunch of boy racers.

Just my humble opinion as someone who has been employed by Renault for nearly 10 years. Who can see both sides of the argument. Also i am sure that Jeremy has reported his finds back to Renault.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I think that Jeremy works in a completely different department to the cust services. Therefore he doesnt have anything to do with them. If you do write a letter, good luck. YOull need it. If you get anything other that a lame, bullsh*t response from them, Id be very suprised.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Yes Jeremy does work in a completly different dept to customer services. Just he is the man who listens to what you guys say about the Clios and then works on improving them. Could be something to do with the title of Clio Product Development Manager.

Well he was the last time he consulted me on colours for the Clio Cup. I would presume that he still is in the smae job.

Volvo S60 T5

Renault try their best IMO, all dealers are subject to audits, monthly customer satisfaction indications (CSI) and all staff recieve Renault training.
The dealers must meet certain CSI targets which are fairly high, something like 90%, Renault have a company that phones customers to find out their dealer experience and the questions are open/shut..eg are you happy?If the dealer gets below the expected csi % they get financial penaltys.
All dealers must try their best to please customers surely, perhaps its just the way reception staff communicate to customers.

Personally I think the biggest problem with Renault is the cars themselfs, they get more and more complicated to fix, intermittant faults which are next to impossible to locate if not present on the day of testing and the list goes on.

I used to work for another manufacturer and one thing I noticed when I joined Renault is that so many different companys are used to make the car, Bosch/siemens/TRV and so on.
Could this be part of the problem?

We may all moan about Renault, but at the end of the day they cant be that bad as we all love our cars:)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Spot on Mike, You are 100 % correct and the financial implications of those csi audits are huge.

The truth be know is that the service counter staff do their best with limited resources. And i wouldnt do their job for the measley ammount of money they get paid. To think that they get moaned at shouted at and damn right abused by customers on a daily basis. Nooooooo Thank you.

But hey its not all bad is it.......... How many of you guys get fecking great smile on ya face when ya car is running sweet as a nut. Great feeling aint it !!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 02 November 2004
We may all moan about Renault, but at the end of the day they cant be that bad as we all love our cars:)

Very true, Mike. Id love it more if actually had it back from the garage tho!