ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8 MP Phones

None
Going to upgrade my contract later on and definatly having an 8mp phone

Just wondered who has one, and there thoughts on them, any major problems with any of them hard to use etc etc.

Cheers

None
No but some phones are easier to use then others, and as i only want an 8mp phone, i asked about 8mp phones

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL posting in the correct forum also helps mate ;)

I think what they are getting at, you have not specified WHAT phone you are looking at!

Clio
I got a Samsung Tocca Ultra and the 8mp camera on it's is good TBH

Nothing spectacular though.

Da

Less
How can we say whether it's easy to use or not when we've no idea which '8mp' phone you're going for? :S

None
O ok I getcha and yeah didnt think about this forum, just threw it in
I been looking at the

Pixon
Tocco Ultra and
Lg Veiwty Smart

Thoughts?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have an LG KC910. It's pretty good. Full touch screen, 8mp as well as a load of other crap. Folk as why I don't just get a decent camera, but the fact of the matter is I only use it for quick snaps when out with pals. Plus, I'd rather not lose two expensive things on a night out.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
[NickW];5518618 said:
Just the same to use as a 5mp camera :S

But better quality.

Supposedly, but its not about how many magapixels it has. Its more about the quality of lens tbh. My LG Viewty has 5 megapixels, but my old Nokia N80 has 3.2 megapixels & the N80 imho can display better quality images than my Viewty.

None
I have an LG KC910. It's pretty good. Full touch screen, 8mp as well as a load of other crap. Folk as why I don't just get a decent camera, but the fact of the matter is I only use it for quick snaps when out with pals. Plus, I'd rather not lose two expensive things on a night out.

Exactly the way i see it, going to magaluf, and dont want to take a proper camera

Avoid the c905..... found it awfull to use and trying to press the bottom buttons is pretty hard. Ending up selling it after a month.

Works...kind of...
Supposedly, but its not about how many magapixels it has. Its more about the quality of lens tbh. My LG Viewty has 5 megapixels, but my old Nokia N80 has 3.2 megapixels & the N80 imho can display better quality images than my Viewty.

Was going to say the same. MP != quality, just a bigger picture.

Soon there will be 12MP camera phone's, but I'd love to see one come close to the image quality of my 8MP DSLR.

Nimbus Megane R26
dont get C905, iv had two break with the ear speaker so now only way to talk is on loud speaker..great idea..shitly built!

Mito Sportiva 135
The cameras on phones are rubbish. I have a 5mp on my Samsung but it's awful, as the lens is just so bad...the 2mp on the iPhone I think works better. Ask anyone even remotely into cameras and they will tell you raw megapixels but with poor lens and software then it's next to useless.

Surely choose a phone for the features you want in a phone, then just get a cheap digital camera, which will be a lot better than a camera phone anyway?

Mini Cooper S sport
The cameras on phones are rubbish. I have a 5mp on my Samsung but it's awful, as the lens is just so bad...the 2mp on the iPhone I think works better. Ask anyone even remotely into cameras and they will tell you raw megapixels but with poor lens and software then it's next to useless.

Surely choose a phone for the features you want in a phone, then just get a cheap digital camera, which will be a lot better than a camera phone anyway?

Yeah of course phone pics will never be as good as a proper camera, but I like a phone that takes decent snaps and a lot of people don't want to carry a camera and a phone around.

I always thought my k850i took pretty good photos for a phone.

I've played with the Viewty, Arena, and Tocco. They all felt very slow and the push button screen got very annoying after a while.

350Z GT
dont get C905, iv had two break with the ear speaker so now only way to talk is on loud speaker..great idea..s**tly built!

+1 on that. Is a great phone when it works, mine now has all 3 of the problems that are common.

1. Speaker broken so only loudspeaker works when calling
  2. 4,5,6 buttons broken so cant text/call
  3. Screen flashes every 5 seconds.
And to top it off I have to pay £40 to have it repaired by SE even though I've only had it since Feb, how does that work?!!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Another vote for Brand's opinion (no idea on your real name, mate!) in that you should buy a phone for it's features as a phone. Gadget Show decided recently that whilst they're getting better (remember the old VGA cameras on phones!) they still aren't at a stage of replacing even a cheap compact.

Pick one that you like, make sure you can take pictures and it's not dreadful, and be pleased with it. Getting one for it's ability to take pictures is only going to end in tears!

Better than yours. C*nt.
+1 on that. Is a great phone when it works, mine now has all 3 of the problems that are common.

1. Speaker broken so only loudspeaker works when calling
  2. 4,5,6 buttons broken so cant text/call
  3. Screen flashes every 5 seconds.
And to top it off I have to pay £40 to have it repaired by SE even though I've only had it since Feb, how does that work?!!

More to this story than you're telling us, TBH.

350Z GT
More to this story than you're telling us, TBH.

Nope, phoned them up last week and they said take it to the Local Orange store - £40.00 charge paid and i'm waiting for a new 1 to come back to me now. The £40.00 is because it is out of the 6 month Orange Warranty so they have to send it to SE.

350Z GT
Well the Phone has 3 common problems so is a bit of both really?
I was just confused to the warranty period running out? Always thought everything had 12 months but I'm being charged as its over 6 and therefore there is an Admin fee.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Picture taken with my SE W995:

Focus10Edit.gif

I can't remember if I corrected the photo, but you get the idea.