ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9s in doors

hi

i want to fit some 6x9s in my front doors.

but i want to keep my standard speakers in too.

tha aim is to have more speakers in my doors than my mate.

can i put them in my door pockets?

this way, i imagine they will do the bass at your leg. this will make you feel good.

cany anyone help, has anyone done this?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im gonna help you and give you some advice

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

get some components in there instead

will sound much better, look better, and remove you from the world of Max Power

Im putting some really nice focals in my front doors :D, thinkin about getting some 6x9s in my rear door cards (its only a 3door)....what do u reckon 2 that?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

some slaps are going to be handed out if i hear this crazzy jibber jabber again

NO 6 x 9s fools

lol

please dont diss 6*9s.... i have 6*9 coaxials! they sound awesome for rear fill in my honest opinion!!!!

& tomclio has met me and seen my car & knows i am not a max power lad!!! i will proove to pplz they can sound good!!!! lol

but yeah 6*9s in front doors? Big No No

i will have 3 speakers in each door.... and i aint touching them :) 3 way components - cant beat em

Quote: Originally posted by scollop barm on 28 October
this way, i imagine they will do the bass at your leg. this will make you feel good.

I think this guy is having a laugh here or he is either into some kinky vibration fetish

no, i read national trust. i hate lax power

i didnt post this thread to be told how not to put 6x9s in my doors, i was asking HOW TO put them in my doors, because thats what im going to do, so i asked for help FOR that, not AGAINST it.

any help?

speaker mounted in plastic = good

speaker mounted in plastic with mdf make it strong more = more good sound

am going to get some mdf, cut 6x9s hole into it, screw speaker in, then screw this creation over the door pocket.

because the 6x9 is then sealed into the pocket, it will be like a sub!!

Quote: Originally posted by scollop barm on 31 October 2003
speaker mounted in plastic = goodspeaker mounted in plastic with mdf make it strong more = more good sound am going to get some mdf, cut 6x9s hole into it, screw speaker in, then screw this creation over the door pocket. because the 6x9 is then sealed into the pocket, it will be like a sub!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! :p

bet that door sounds fantastic!!!

you have no idea how bad that will sound

yeah, and you havent got a clue about ICE if thats what your thinking

im going to say no more, ill let you realise what a s**t idea it really is when you have done it

goodnight

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

how can they not have any? they are big, and have 3 speakers in 1.

will obviously sound better, and do more music than normal ones
Dude are you a fake user?

this guy is just abusing the forums with stupid ideas.

Why would anyone want to put 6x9s in the front doors and keep the standard speaker????????/

Why not just stick some components in as replacements for the factory speakers.

cant be fussed taking the dash off man.

i want a lot of sound up front. as as 6x9s normally do this in the rear, hey - why not apply this principal up front

no, never seen them working in the flesh, but i assume they must work, or why would that guy in the pic u posted gone to the effort of fitting it all if it was just for show