ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

62 plate clio 200

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This is going off topic, next person to spam in here gets points. Go and chat garbage elsewhere.

In answer to the OP, I'd drive it a bit, do a trackday if that is your thing and then determine where it can be tweaked to improve in line with your driving style. But, a 62 plate 200 will be one of the last, so keeping it stock or making sure mods can be 'undone' easily isn't a bad shout....

Enjoy it, either way :)

Last edited:
  Rs200
Well I'm shocked by a lot of your comments in regards to in experienced driving. As I said I come from a Motorsport background and have clocked my fair share of track time.

I'm new to the car and would like genuine feedback into any worthwhile upgrades if I wanted trash talk I would have gone to splitter suffers! Thanks to those that aren't so up there own arses and give decent feedback.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Well I'm shocked by a lot of your comments in regards to in experienced driving. As I said I come from a Motorsport background and have clocked my fair share of track time.

I'm new to the car and would like genuine feedback into any worthwhile upgrades if I wanted trash talk I would have gone to splitter suffers! Thanks to those that aren't so up there own arses and give decent feedback.

Ignore the trolls.

200's are fantastic cars, I picked mine up when I was 18 turning 19, so not far from your age (I'm 21 now).

I bought my 200 Cup with Recaro's, Speedlines, Cup Spoiler etc, so it was pretty good in standard form. The handling is unreal without touching a thing. All I did was put some sticky semi-slicks on (Yoko AD08r's) and the inner chav in me put a KTEC Pro Cat back with de-cat on it (it wasn't quiet..).

Apart from that, it really wanted for nothing. Do bear in mind your cambelt will be due at the 5 year mark, which isn't too far in the distance. It's not as expensive as a 1*2 but not cheap still.

As said by sensible people before. Tyres, Fuel, Track days. Done. Enjoy!!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Im in the Tyres, Fuel, Track days camp too. Tho id be tempted with some cooksport springs and maybe 10 mm spacers just for the looks. If they dont work out you can always chop em out.
I've never had issues with the brembos. Id deffo take em apart and copper grease em every so often tho.
Enjoy the last great na clio sport!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I bought my 200 Cup with Recaro's, Speedlines, Cup Spoiler etc, so it was pretty good in standard form. The handling is unreal without touching a thing. All I did was put some sticky semi-slicks on (Yoko AD08r's) and the inner chav in me put a KTEC Pro Cat back with de-cat on it (it wasn't quiet..).
With the colour of yours I didn't think you wanted quiet ;) Always liked your 200 tbh.

Monaco Blue 172
Ignore the trolls.

200's are fantastic cars, I picked mine up when I was 18 turning 19, so not far from your age (I'm 21 now).

Apart from that, it really wanted for nothing. Do bear in mind your cambelt will be due at the 5 year mark, which isn't too far in the distance. It's not as expensive as a 1*2 but not cheap still.

As said by sensible people before. Tyres, Fuel, Track days. Done. Enjoy!!

Cambelt is 6 years on the 200 is it not?