ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5D MKiii Announced

Cupra
Does look nice. Even with a friendly discount this is too much. :(
Makes the D800 more tempting though....

Oil Burner
I fail to see the desire. Besides peoples almost obsessive desire to buy new cameras.

Yes it is a great camera, however for what i (and most people) need, the 5dmk2 was perfect. ISO performance and resolution on the new camera is beyond what is needed (at least for most people).

Cupra
I don't think that as many MkII owners will jump to a MkIII as they did from the classic to the 5DII. The price difference is just too much.

The 5D body used to be aimed at the pro, but could be justified by a hobbiest. Most people who won't earn on their shots would struggle to justify 3K on a camera body.

I would love the AF system though as it is the only thing that bugs and loses me shots occasionally. :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, i agree Andy.

I think a lot of people went from the 5D to the 5D MK2 because of the HD video. Where as now, even though the 5D MK3 has the option of 60fps at 720p, you can get a 7D that does the same for a lot less.

Didn't realise they were this affordable now!

Plenty around at that price or less, I made sure I got a good one so paid £600 for it. Only problem is there are no short-cuts with lens (obviously with it being FF), it demands cash to be thrown at it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still using a MK1 5D proffesionally as a freelancer. :eek:
That was just over a grand when it was new.

I work in another photographers studio atm so the daily is a Nikon D700,
I still haven't learnt what all the buttons and fuctions do. lol

2.2 bar shed.
3000 quid for a 5D3? f**k that. I'm gonna grab a 5DI in April, 17 - 40, 85 1.8 and a 28 1.8 and I'll have change to spare for a megaeuropetrip.