ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

595 RSR rubbing issues

LY FF182
Yesterday had 4 595 tyres fitted.. Same size (195/50 15) as my old pe2 rears and t1r fronts.. On the drive to work this morning on a slightly bumpy undulating road I noticed either bottoming out or arch rubbing on the bumps. Didn't do this on the old tyres!! A quick inspection when arriving at work I couldn't see any signs of rubbing.

has anyone else had this sort of issue with these tyres? My car is lowered on gaz coilovers, has 10mm rear hub spacers and wheels are et35 I think (speedline 2120)

just want to know is it normal for different make tyres to not fit quite the same as others?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Yeah, they all vary a bit. The R-compound tyres are generally a bit wider than 'normal' tyres, often with the 195 referring to the contact patch rather than the overall width, or having squarer shoulders. Raise her up and bit and you should be sorted :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, it tends to be the square shoulders that cause the issues, I had this on the mk1 soon as I started using slicks/r888/rsr etc so shaved the arches.....but drastic for a road car really so notch up the coilies a touch imo

182, 6r GTi
i ran no rear spacers on my cup pack 182, 2deg total camber with 595 rsr and 2118s with et 42 and it was pretty close (i was pretty low tho)