ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

57mph on motorway

200 FF Storm Grey
Generally get around 43-44 at 60ish, maybe just above, so sounds right to me mate, all you have to do though is put your foot down and it'll drop by 10 so I wouldn't take much notice of it.

Only accurate way is resetting your clock when you fill up and it'll tell you how many miles you've done since filling up.

330 Ci
anything north of 40 mpg is good in a clio!.. tbh if you've bought the car for economy, you've bought it for the wrong reasons!

Last edited:
  Turbos.
You don't have to drive a hot hatch like a cnut all the time. Motorways are boring anyway, so often i'll have a little MPG competition!

Used to get 40mpg easily in the 172, just on the commute. If i really tried on a motorway journey it would be nearer 48mpg slip streaming HGVs!

Megane 225 F1
You don't have to drive a hot hatch like a cnut all the time. Motorways are boring anyway, so often i'll have a little MPG competition!

Used to get 40mpg easily in the 172, just on the commute. If i really tried on a motorway journey it would be nearer 48mpg slip streaming HGVs!

This. The only real fun thing you can do on a motorway is to see how economically you can drive. Driving like a dick on the motorway is the stupidest thing to do.

Megane 225 F1
FLOL If i ever see a 1*2 driving that slow i always think to myself "Old person".If i drove past and saw a 20 year old, I'd be concerned.

At 50mph through the road works I average 43-44mpg. Readings can't be trusted when your coasting downhill obviously. Tripple figures 4tw!

Honda & VW
why would you want to drive at 57 on the motorway, if you're fussed about fuel consumption get a more economical car.

oh and i wouldn't trust the trip

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you want epic MPG talegate lorries.

At 50mph through the road works I average 43-44mpg. Readings can't be trusted when your coasting downhill obviously. Tripple figures 4tw!

But you are doing triple figure mpg when coasting downhill!

MCS R56
anything north of 40 mpg is good in a clio!.. tbh if you've bought the car for economy, you've bought it for the wrong reasons!

The Clio is a very economical car, considering the performance. I'd say it is one of the reasons to buy it, albeit a lesser reason. Compared to most of the hot hatches of 5 years ago, it's probably one of the most economical. I was very impressed with mine!

I believe some of the newer turbo'd 1.6's and 1.4's are pretty good on the fuel - the new MCS is very good on fuel on a mixed drive, like the Clio 1*2.

clio sport 172
a just bpught min e couple days ago and used it tonight to deliver chinkies....thats chinese food not ppl...lol.....go from 1st to 3rd to 5th and leave it in 5th a put a tenna in used not quite half ov it....trip read 36.6 to gallon....a done 32 mile....stop start 3 point turns galore etc etc....not bad really.....think the trip is about right....save fuel during the week and get a free blast on a weekend.....job dun a say.... :p

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
a just bpught min e couple days ago and used it tonight to deliver chinkies....thats chinese food not ppl...lol.....go from 1st to 3rd to 5th and leave it in 5th a put a tenna in used not quite half ov it....trip read 36.6 to gallon....a done 32 mile....stop start 3 point turns galore etc etc....not bad really.....think the trip is about right....save fuel during the week and get a free blast on a weekend.....job dun a say.... :p

Have you had a knock to the head?

2004 182FF

pardon?

I get ~39mpg on cruise control at 75mph and ~35mpg at 85mph... very roughly.

I've given up driving quickly on motorways. I used to hammer along and noticed in traffic I'd be overtaking the same lorry 2 or 3 times. Cruise control at 70.. sit back and relax. It's loads cheaper and you get there just as fast.

However... empty motorways early in the morning are a different story... :quiet:

Fabia vRS
Yet another mpg thread lol. I only drive at 70 or less on the motorway because I can get about 42 mpg. People on this forum can accuse you of being a cheap ass for saving fuel and therefore criticise your decision to buy a 1*2 in the first place, but when it comes to motorway driving I just don't see the point. It's boring as hell and to me it doesn't feel any different driving at 90 compared to 70. The only thing that feels different is my wallet. So I'm a cheap ass on the motorway and I burn off my fuel on the b-roads where its a lot more fun!!

clio sport 172
not sure if the dreamer thing was aimed at me...a only had the car few days seems bout right.....a will monitor it over few weeks but fuel guage used a needle width less than half of what the tenna read....so 30 mile drivin seems bout right....lookin on here ppl gettin 30 plus round doors....turn air con off and only use 1st 3rd 5th...this is achievable....stock 172...52 plate...59000 mile...no mods.....change gear under 2500 rpm....this was the result...depends on how accurate the fuel guage is in the clio...a never owned 1 b4.....?

clio sport 172
up and down to work at 65 mph a got 175 mile on 20 quid.....thats the only miles a dun in the car up to now...trip read 38.9 at a constant 70....???

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
facepalm.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
The clio sports aint exactly built for good mpg, there built for driving fast!!! worst ive had is covering bout 80 miles and used 3/4 of a tank! :) :) :) if you want gud mpg then get a diesel!! lol :)

clio sport 172
yeah but a bought it cos a wrote me corsa di off on sat....a needed a car to get to work same day and this was for sale...a bought it so a wuddn lose me job......wen a used it tonight for me second job a noticed its eco.....so its like the best of both worlds....chill and u get 35 plus....kick it and u have a right laff....not a bad car....a may keep it as a work for calor gas and can get a lpg conversion paid for and the gas at 48p a litre off the company......seems am starting to like this car.....a noticed the handling is pretty good also....fact very good......it seems u can chuck it about and it goes where u point it....maybe am bein swayed away from me usual rubbish a drive... :) still need to identify it...a think its a mk2 phase2 so a read...hmmmm...where do a put a pic up so u petrol heads can keep me right....thanx....

yeah but a bought it cos a wrote me corsa di off on sat....a needed a car to get to work same day and this was for sale...a bought it so a wuddn lose me job......wen a used it tonight for me second job a noticed its eco.....so its like the best of both worlds....chill and u get 35 plus....kick it and u have a right laff....not a bad car....a may keep it as a work for calor gas and can get a lpg conversion paid for and the gas at 48p a litre off the company......seems am starting to like this car.....a noticed the handling is pretty good also....fact very good......it seems u can chuck it about and it goes where u point it....maybe am bein swayed away from me usual rubbish a drive... :) still need to identify it...a think its a mk2 phase2 so a read...hmmmm...where do a put a pic up so u petrol heads can keep me right....thanx....

what....an.....idiot....... ...... . ....

I don't trust the trip computers in Clios all that much, my 172 said it was getting 32mpg average, the 200 reckons it's getting about 24mpg average, yet there's barely any difference in fuel costs. Surely I'd notice a big difference with 8mpg?

img0996ay.jpg

That was about 5-6 miles, so not very far but that was at 50mph through some road works on the M25. Not really had the chance to cruise at 70mph yet as I don't do much motorway driving. Though I know what I'll average doing over 70mph lol