ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

55 plate 172???

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There are a few about iirc mate.

It's not unheard of for them to be late registered.

Thing is with cars like this, surely the 5yr cambelt rule is more like 3 years?

TM.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting one. My parts database says it is indeed a 2005 172 Cup registered on 10/10/05 as it says on the eBay listing. A late registration perhaps, it does happen, the low-ish mileage would also back this up.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Sport Rep 1*5
It just seemed a little suspect, I've heard of a few '04 plates and thought that they were late, especially when you think 197's weren't far behind this plate..

Cambelt would definitely need changing early, unless Renault had the wisdom to change it before sale.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
there is a 08 plate mk2 clio round by me , i didnt think they made them that late , its only a 1.2 but thought the mk3 was out on that reg ??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza
It just seemed a little suspect, I've heard of a few '04 plates and thought that they were late, especially when you think 197's weren't far behind this plate..

Cambelt would definitely need changing early, unless Renault had the wisdom to change it before sale.

Mines an 04' plate, and there's a 182 round the corner which is also a 04. Depends when they got registered, the bloke who bought it left the original receipt in the glovebox and there was a big discount on it I think...hense he obvo bought it :)

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Sport Rep 1*5
Mines an 04' plate, and there's a 182 round the corner which is also a 04. Depends when they got registered, the bloke who bought it left the original receipt in the glovebox and there was a big discount on it I think...hense he obvo bought it :)

Yeah I would of expected a biggg discount. Would be a good deal if you originally wanted a bogo 182 as there isn't a great deal of difference surely??

If he'd of wanted Cup packs then I imagine it would of maybe taken more selling power.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i had a 06 182 for a couple of days through work, poverty spec with no cup packs, nasty.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza
Yeah I would of expected a biggg discount. Would be a good deal if you originally wanted a bogo 182 as there isn't a great deal of difference surely??

If he'd of wanted Cup packs then I imagine it would of maybe taken more selling power.

Yeah true mate, you never know what the saleman told the buyer do ya? I'll have a look at the receipt tomorrow and see how much he got off! I'm sure it was £11,995. Werent they £15k new?? And it wasn't registered cause there was plates on the bill!
I've got cruise control too, or did that come with all 04's?

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Sport Rep 1*5
I'm pretty sure the late ones came with it! I've been looking for a 172 for myself at the min; while looking I've seen some '53 plates with it.

Again I guess it depends on how long the dealer had the car in group stock.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza
Yeah exactly! Is there a date of manufacture printed on the car or V5? That would be the only way to tell tbf!