ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 min mods?

Ive just got a new mk1 1.4 rt and was wondering what there is i can do with it just with a couple of tools on this fine sunday afternoon any ideas?:)

Breaking A 172 Replica
Paint the front calipers and rear drums.

Take the back seats out as weight is the only thing you can really do to make it be much quicker.

TT
umm, clean the tools and use them to cook a bbq with? or alternativly just cook a bbq and have few beers

if it's a phase 1, nip down to the scrapyard and find a phase 2 bootstrip. swap that and it's debadged.

remove rear wiper and buy a rubber gromet from halfords for the hole...

Breaking A 172 Replica
Well yeah, mine took a bit more than 5mins but that was largely due to the way it was sitting when i'd finished...

RB 182 Cup
Paint the front calipers and rear drums.

Take the back seats out as weight is the only thing you can really do to make it be much quicker.

my rear seats weight hardly anything and didnt notice anything when i took them out lol. might be becuase i have no spare wheel or tool kit?

williams 2 turbo
fit a set of rsi side skirts. i just so happen to have a pair for sale (naples red). wont make it quicker but may make it look nicer?

CB600FS
Get someone to sit in the car whilst they operate all the lights, ie side, dipped main, indicator, reverse, number plate etc

By levels, check levels & top up if need be. Ie dip oil, fill washer bottle, check coolant, brake fluid levels.