ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

46mpg!! that cant be right

172 ph2
Just recently i have been changing at 3000rpm and sometimes giving it beans, when i checked the comp it said 46mpg! that can be right from a 2.0 petrol can it? must be the ever reliable french electrics? lol

172 clio ph1
Dunno as mine is averaging between 30-37mpg not bad for my driving but fill ups seem to be suggesting its not far off. Changing at 3000rpm would help drastically with mpg though. I did get 44 showing when I was on a run though.

If it's mainly motorway miles you'll hit that kind of MPG easily, town driving and spirited driving will drag it down obviously. I managed to hit 55mpg in mine when I drove to Derby from Manchester but I drove like an O.A.P.

Although you can't fully rely on the French electrics to tell you the full truth. lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah, i average at 37mpg most weeks. thats a mixture of driving. 47mpg is believable. i hit 50mpg once. carefull driving mind.

Im up to 390miles on my tank at the mo. Average 43mpg. I did an economy run to nottingham and back for work, but other than that, normal driving :)

I think the RSTuner remap has improved it too!

172 clio ph1
Lol I bet yours feels like it'll go forever considering you previously had a Scooby. That must have been a thirsty.

Yes very but worth it. lol But enjoying not being a regular at the shell garage. I am loving the fun factor that doesnt cost the earth to fuel. Although wondering how much fuel I will use when I do a track day.

172 clio ph1
^^^ There's an indication of what you might get MPG wise on a track lol

again I am guessing its worth it. All the days coming up on here though I already have stuff booked... I know my 1.8 metro gti did 90 miles to a tank at the track. So expecting similar out of the clio when I get a day on there.

I am happy day to day with what I get which is a combination of sensible driving and occassional less sensible.

just wondering with mine being the early 172 if there is any difference in mpg I mean from the ph2 and how the 182 and 197 compare. Guessing the two later cars are heavier too.

172 clio ph1
Sell it & buy a Yaris, 27mpg & loving it;)

you suggesting we are all driving like girls ;) Dont get me wrong I will happily drive it and lower the mpg but seems pointless on boring motorway runs, however back way from mine to coalville, or mine to derby etc on my private roads then I am guessing my mpg will come down.
Its a new thing for me to have a mpg computer reading. :D and 27mpg is still good mpg really.