ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

402 catcams In Albi R27 ( Results )

R27 427/500 ALBI
Update , (from 197.net )

I took the car down few weeks ago which pulled a modest 165bhp which was around thenormall sort of mark for renaults generic mapping.
Having a remap and a few tweeks saw the car have a massive gain from that to 191bhp reason being renaults map sometimes casues gasses and air to mix to early.

So i went down monday setting off at 3am to have my cams fitted full cambelt etc , 6 hours in i was told about a .....Disaster cams where not getting pressure to make them lift , Fault by catcam whole batch needs to go back but i was lucky they had a set that was right for me today thank the lord.:thumbup:
It was too late last night to have another set fitted so Ktek then told me about a verry nice B&B around the corner from there unit, Lucky they had 2 spare beds for me and my mate so we checked in for the night with high hopes for the morning, Today they started again at 8.30 and worked through too 5pm making sure everything was perfect including my mapping .

Im so happy i have had lots and lots of high powerd cars but my god does this pull this has had another dyno for all the K-tek haters too prove she's running a proper 210bhp.
Ive put the graphs from before the map with just my Yozzasport and the after , and the new one with the 402's fitted , from 5 weeks ago the car from what it was is now running over 40bhp better than what it was goes to show.

I need to say a big thanks to Andy and Mike at K-tek for all the efforts and for being so good with me ,K-tek paid for my overnight stay and provided me with lots of coffe :)

Next on the List ported throttle body and matched inlets with a new airfilter setup that will see me 220bhp easy according to the advice given, As you will see with the graphs its much much more agressive and pulls like a train.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the late Reply.

(Thought i should share on here ) :)

Leigh

IMG_0049.gif

IMG_0048.gif

Few pics of a few cars i spotted down there.

IMG_0042-1.gif

IMG_0037.gif

IMG_0017.gif

R26
awesome mate, must feel awesome, is it lumpy on part throttle etc? very low though at 165 bp?

R27 427/500 ALBI
awesome mate, must feel awesome, is it lumpy on part throttle etc? very low though at 165 bp?
That was its lowest most 197's suffer from air fuel ratio being wrong thats been told a few times by different companys. Very happy now , its not lump lumpy but sounds different , exhaust sounds more different as power comes in very quick.

Good gains just through a remap.
Yes thats what made my mind up for the next step forward.

What colour is that mk2?
Dyno Rod orrange.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yer making it hard not to get this done myslef.

Very good results.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I can safely say that 1st graph is the weirdest i've ever seen lol ... surely with the lines all over the place is drove quite strangely?

Good overall result mind, although there seems to be a big old flat spot at 4200rpm?

Cracking results!

Surley a "must have" for all 197/200's I would have thought...

Really annoys me though, 165bhp standard, which is give or take 30bhp down on what Renault claim, thats just not on atall...

182's making 170ish isnt too bad but 30bhp down is mental!

R27 427/500 ALBI
First graph was from 5 weeks ago , soon as you decat 197/200 You open a hole up in the ground , massive flat spot thats why it does that but there all the same not alot you can do,

New one shows a mini dip and 4200 but i can honestly say i cant feel a thing , my last flat spot was terrible.

Overall out of 10 how happy am i ? 11 .. haha ...so happy feels so much better the responce it now gives is unreal .

Leigh

R27 427/500 ALBI
Cracking results!

Surley a "must have" for all 197/200's I would have thought...

Really annoys me though, 165bhp standard, which is give or take 30bhp down on what Renault claim, thats just not on atall...

182's making 170ish isnt too bad but 30bhp down is mental!

Seems the case up and down the forum to be honest , Some claim more than it is true fact the 197/200 mapping in general from renault is shocking air and fuel ratio is always a balls up according to a few places ive spoken too and Ktr said the same,

Seems the case up and down the forum to be honest , Some claim more than it is true fact the 197/200 mapping in general from renault is shocking air and fuel ratio is always a balls up according to a few places ive spoken too and Ktr said the same,

Nice to see some good results though mate, although totting it up in my head, you must be looking at getting on for £2,000 all in for this?

R27 427/500 ALBI
Exhaust cost me around £100 in the end as i baught one off here and it was knackerd so after arguing with jp for a long time i got one made up for a fraction of the price.

FULL FAT 182
I'm keeping the car, no danger of selling it. Me my dad and uncle are tracking our kit car next year so I'm selling the RS2 to part fund a trailer.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Wtf that first graph is not right at all!

Seems like nice results in the end though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So tempted by cams when it needs the belts doing on the 172..