ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40+ Inches of LED TV

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Hi,

My brother is looking for a new tv for his lounge so I'd thought I'd ask on here as I've not payed much attention to tv's recently so don't know what's about.

He's looking for something 40" or Bigger
Wants it to be LED although I had a quick read and realise there are a few different types of LED Units
Has a Budget of around £650

He said he was tempted by a Samsung UE4C6000 at £625 but thought I'd ask if there was better within his budget?

Cheers
Andy.

SLK 350
For £600 I'd be looking at:

Sony KDL40NX703 - LED
LG 50PK590 - PLASMA
Panasonic 42G20 - PLASMA

Personally don't like Samsungs and their colour rendering. Look to Pricematch from shops like JL and Richer Sounds.

Clio 172
I got a 40" samsung ue407020 from Richer sounds 8 months ago. Was £1050 (compared to £1399 in Curry's) Also got £150 cashback from Samsung. Its a great tv and i would highly recommend it. They are about £750 but you can get the 6000 series Samsungs like the ue4c6000 and they are still very good tv's

182 Turbo Project
There was a good deal on at Currys I noticed the other day, 50" Plasma....can't remember the make but it was only £549. Trying to convince the missus that the 40" can go in the bedroom and the new 50" in the lounge :)

Not sure it's working though :(

Cupra
There was a good deal on at Currys I noticed the other day, 50" Plasma....can't remember the make but it was only £549. Trying to convince the missus that the 40" can go in the bedroom and the new 50" in the lounge :)

Not sure it's working though :(

Pretty much what I did. It worked too. :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
LED aint worth the money tbh, get better quality from a decent plasma. panasonic 42-50" G10 or G20 are pretty much the best your gonna get. i think currys have the G20 50" on sale for like £450 atm which is amazing price.

ive got last years 50" G10 plasma and it looks better than my mates new samsung 3D tv he payed £2200 for. muppet.
but yeah, id go plasma tbh, especially at the price you can get the panasonic for at the minute

Mini Cooper S
Don't get a Samsung. The speakers on them are shite. I'm happy with my Panasonic. The Samsung never sounds loud enough for films etc..

SLK 350
Don't get a Samsung. The speakers on them are shite. I'm happy with my Panasonic. The Samsung never sounds loud enough for films etc..

If you buy a decent TV, you buy it for the picture/functions/space saving though, right? Otherwise we'd still be using CRT's and enjoying superior SQ. Just buy a media bar, or connect it to an external source... a £10 set of 2.1 speakers will outshine 95% of the included LCD/LED/Plasma speakers.

SLK 350
I ordered a Sony KDL40NX503 (40", LCD, Bravia 3, Internet TV) the other day from Very (shop direct) for £350 on a 14 month interest free deal (£399. 99 -10% first order discount, -delivery charge and some also used Quidco an for it for less potentially).

Cracking deal I thought, only 50Hz, but I don't use 100Hz on our other TV. Good looking TV.