ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 wheels refurbed for £30

Toyota MR2
went down to maccess earlier and managed to pick up all this below for under £30

3 400ml cans of gunmetal spray - 7.38
2 600ml cans of Grey primer - 3.44
3 400ml cans of clear lacuer - 3.75
1 600ml can of matt black - 1.72
1 400ml diamond silver - 2.46
body filler 150ml - 3.35
masking tape 48mm -1.82
'' '' 36mm - 1.45

Total : 29.18 <<<<<<<<<<< 4 wheels totally refurbished!!! bargain! well just gota go get some sand paper =)

DSCF1037.gif

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hassle + Time - Enjoyment = "I wish i'd just got them powdercoated in the first instance!"

182 Trophy (#27/500)
^^^ Typical down beat cliosport comment. Pathetic.

Good luck sorting the wheels mate. Hope it goes well!!!

Toyota MR2
How are you going to refurb the polished lip?

how do the new springs sit? you happy? :)

well the only way ive got it so far is guna have to sand, filler the scratches, prime and then probably guna do the lip diamond silver and just t-cut colour restorer it and polish it up. don't really no how else todo it.

and the new springs and great. car sits almost flat now. their a lot crashier then the previous. but they will do me still i can afford some hot tunings :p

S3, Polo
It's normally £50 per corner to have them bead-blasted and then powder-coated. I'd love to know where anyone can get them done cheaper than that! *

* Unless you work for a refurbisher!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rorrr Herro Ali.

Where did you get your wheels done? :)

A f**king dodgy looking establishment actually...Thought i'd get a set of Siera wheels back instead! Been in business yrs. Alot of the scotlandish boys use them. No much good for u's rite enough.x

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's normally £50 per corner to have them bead-blasted and then powder-coated. I'd love to know where anyone can get them done cheaper than that! *

* Unless you work for a refurbisher!

Surely depends on the size of the wheel!! Was at this joint i was! Infact most places. Smart alloy a shout?

didn't realise the lip was polished...

CS filters are cutting in....................Buy Turini's. Done.

I bought loads of paint and sandpaper, liquid metal etc when I was going to refurb a set of alloys I have. I started rubbing down in preperation for filling, and after I had done half the wheel I asked myself a couple of questions.. Was it going to be easy to get the lip neat? Was the finish going to be good enough? And after asking around and getting a quote of £80 to do all for start to finish in Jag gunmetal professionally, I took the materials back and spent the extra and saved the hassle. £20 a wheel was a billy bargain. The wheels were like new. When I got them they were all curbed and chipped to buggery. The guy managed to fill and sand them back perfect. And the finish was amazing. Best £80 I have spent. Lost their contact details now so will do my new set of wheels myself :(

421 Cammed 172
Dropped mine off at a powdercoaters this mornin.

£120 for all 4 wheels stripped back, rims re-dressed and powdercoated gloss black.

Bumder With A Buffer
Want mine done gloss white,, cheapest I can get is £50 per wheel. f**k it il rattle can them myself ;)

421 Cammed 172
lol.

Fingers crossed they don't turn out like the spoiler ;)

Have you sorted that yet by the way?

421 Cammed 172
Dude. I'm from Brum too. Let me know where you got this done!

Bournes Powdercoaters in Digbeth. Bissell Street B5

You have to take them without the tyres on, but it was cheap to have tyres removed and put back on at £20 including balancing.

Total for all work was £150 and anyone who saw them at FCS would've seen that they did a good bloody job.

That includes all of the edges re-machined to remove kerbing.

EDIT : By the way if they're quiet it's a 24 hour turn over.