ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd party apps won't launch and data settings

1998 BMW e46 323i
Got a jailbroken, sim unlocked 3g recently updated to 3.1.2. Recently the apps wouldn't launch but were ok once I installed another app, known problem from googling it. Another problem I've had is where the cellular data network settings are lost.

Is it worth me backing up and restoring or can I do anything else to help?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
What network are you on? These are o2 setting for non-iphone contracts http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html for iphone PAYG or contract, settings should be easily found on the net.

As for the apps, 3rd party from where? Cydia? Is it mobile substrate needed them to work? Or Appsync for downloaded IPA files? Not really sure on the app thing mate.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I'm On voda contract, thanks for the hints with settings, but I know them of by heart now. By 3rd party apps I mean stuff from the app store. It's a well documented problem. The ipa stuff always works.

Thanks.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What did you use to JB, i suspect this might be the issue.

If you are having problems with apps from a certain cydia source, then this thread will be removed

1998 BMW e46 323i
I hear ya tom. The cydia apps and pre installed apple ones are fine! It's the dloaded apps from the app store. Like I said it's a known problem, but Ive not seen a solution, other than dloading another app from the app store. Something to do with signing back into the app store... Ridiculous like.

I followed a guide tom, can't remember which method of jailbreak it was tho!