ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd fan belt snaped!

Rally Cinquecento
Right, my car is now on its 4th fan belt in 6 months! It keeps snaping them! When i changed the one today though i turned it over after fitting at and noticed the crank pully wasnt turning 'square' as it were, and it didnt just look like the pully the bolt in the middle wasnt going perfectly in the middle either.

So can i just pop another crank pully on and a bolt or is there more damage done?

Its realy annoying now and I im going to be selling her soon so i need to sort it.

The car is a Mk1 1.2 energy engine

Thanks

ITB'd MK1
I've seen this on other engines where the woodruff key and the keyway are badly worn so the pulley moves about. You may be ok with another pulley but I dont think you'll be able to tell without pulling it apart to look. Definitely the cause of the belt snappage IMO though

Rally Cinquecento
Yeah thats what i thought, when i started it up, the belt was going up and down like mad, and didnt look good! Ill try and get another pully and stuff and ill take it apart when i get the time. Strange thing is it hasnt snaped a belt in about 4 months