ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service - conflicting estimates

Nimbus Grey 197
All,

Im due this soon - can't believe the difference in prices i have been quoted:

Renault - £230ish
Falkland Performance - £160 + VAT
Lochrin Autos - £220 + VAT

Just don't know who to trust - everyone mentions different things about auxillary belts and timing belts too,

Anyone care to shed some light on this situation?

Woza.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wouldn't say any of those prices include the aux belt?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
As said neither of them look like they include the aux belt, which is needed.

Renault would be more like £400, I did pay under £200 for mine on my 172 though.

Nimbus Grey 197
spoke to lochrin autos again - he said that with the aux belt it includes tensioners and some bearings so price would be £408+ vat

Falkland did say it included the aux belt.......??????

Woza.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so for the 197 36k it is a standard service plus:

aux belt.

Am i correct?

got mine in a few thousand miles so better get some funds in place for it.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Generally speaking, the dealers don't know what an aux belt is and won't include it in a service quote. Either that or they get it confused with the timing belt and insist it isn't due until 72k/years. I had a hell of a time finding a dealer that knew anything about it, in the end Parks seemed to be the only ones clued up. Even when I phoned RUK they were very vague :S

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL this cracks me up.

I will have to get out the service guidelines when i go round the dealer to get my quote. incompetent fools ftl etc :(

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
LOL this cracks me up.

I will have to get out the service guidelines when i go round the dealer to get my quote. incompetent fools ftl etc :(

Yes, MOST frustrating. One wonders if your aux belt snapped within warranty, and you had a "full" dealer service history, would Renault replace your engine?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Beware that if you go outwith Renault your corrosion warranty will be void.

According to our French amigos, only they can do the mandatory paintwork inspection by a qualified paint checker engineering body.

(i.e an apprentice who couldnt tell the difference between his arse and elbow)

Black 197
Yes, MOST frustrating. One wonders if your aux belt snapped within warranty, and you had a "full" dealer service history, would Renault replace your engine?

My engine went bang and renault replaced it no question as it was within warranty, It took 6 weeks for engine to arrive and be fitted but was still done

Black 197
aux belt wasnt even due, car was 2 years old with 16k on the clock, According to Renault UK at the time when my aux belt went and blew the engine it was the 1st 182 to shed its belt, the reason it took 6 weeks to fit new engine was they said my engine had to be sent to Renault Sport in France for them to completely strip and make an enquiry into the failure, Still they replaced it which was the main thing