ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

34" uhd ultrawide monitors

Anyone got any experience with ultrawide monitors , I can fit 2 on my desk and think I would find it useful but not sure what ultrawides are like to work with (most likely go with curved ones )

Day to day I look at drawings,excel ,word and have 2 lots of email open , I don't game but that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy getting a sim racer back on the PC

New PC will have gtx1070 over clocked on board but I can slot a second one in if needs be

Just can't find anywhere with a 34 setup to actually play with

One 34 is unfortunately less screen size than I have now

My other option is 2 27 curved , gives me a better working environment than the ultrawide 34

Wrapping around is good , wonder what race Sims run like with a nice wide view

Yaris Hybrid
Had a 34" 3440x1440 unit.

As Jeff said, they are great for productivity.

I sold it due to the usual disgraceful support from developers. When games like Witcher 3 that was a, well optimised and b, supported the ratio are being used it was amazing.

The problem was the number of games that were so badly optimised even a top end card couldn't run at that resolution but mostly games not supporting the ratio and this caused many many problems in games. At best borders on the left and right and at worse issues with it displaying an ultrawide image but only drawing it in a 16:9 ratio (so still having borders) so that everything was all squished.

I lost my s**t and gave up.

If you aren't gaming then I highly recommend it. IMO it is literally the only time when curved screen technology is not a gimmick but actually makes sense. You are sitting close to the screen and the curve is therefore able to reduce the amount of colour and and gamma shift at the extremities. Quite why the heck people have curves on a TV when they are sat back on the couch is beyond me.

Have heavily angled my 2 27's I would have gone curved if I could have got a decent resolution

Curved IPS 4k and I would have gone for it

Managed 27's with no bezel at edge 2 to 3mm tops

Very impressed with 4k

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've got the smaller version of those monitors. Lovely looking things but not very impressed with ASUS... my monitor is wonky! The first one I got was ridiculous; like nearly 3cm difference between both sides. Sent it back for a replacement which is also wonky! But it was more like 1cm which whilst annoying, I've learnt to just live with.

Weird mine are both square and true
The brushed bit of the lower bezel on one does look slightly odd in finish but I CBA to get it swapped