ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

335i Exhaust/Drive by [Video]

Last night decided to film a short (2 minute) video of the car:

[video=youtube_share;DSGlafaLHYs]http://youtu.be/DSGlafaLHYs[/video]
(p.s. watch in 720p)

And one photo:

9320439640_ae1bba50ff_b.jpg

Hope you enjoy. More photos/write up here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?685008

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
That looks/sounds f*cking awesome. Fair play sir, that is one serious car!

An orange one
jesus that sounds amazing!!!

does this golf tee mod work on any bmw with a flap type set up? might have to look underneath mine later! :D

That looks/sounds f*cking awesome. Fair play sir, that is one serious car!

Thanks. I've always wanted to hear it outside the car.

Golf tee mod? Excuse my ignorance..

Technically people put an actual golf tee in the exhaust vacuum line. It prevents the exhaust from closing one side under low throttle (quietens it). With the 'mod', it's a little louder, and on cold start ups both exhaust pipes work. Only downside, there can be a drone at certain rpm.

jesus that sounds amazing!!!

does this golf tee mod work on any bmw with a flap type set up? might have to look underneath mine later! :D

Cheers, yours must sound near on identical though?

I've not actually done the tee mod (under the car), there's a plug in the boot (passenger side, behind the light cluster). Pull it out, does the same job.

Not a 320d
Sounds mint. Do you get much abuse in yours? Ive had two people shout abuse at me as I drove by this week. Was driving normally.

Sounds and looks lovely, do you ever find yourself wishing it had a locking diff?

Thanks.

​I can't say I have.

Sounds mint. Do you get much abuse in yours? Ive had two people shout abuse at me as I drove by this week. Was driving normally.

I can honestly say I've only had positive comments (albeit only half a dozen). But then, I probably look a badman.

Funniest was a 65+ little old lady "Wow, those wheels are lovely. They are so wide". Proper wide-eyed, scary looking woman.

Not a 320d
Thanks.

​I can't say I have.

I can honestly say I've only had positive comments (albeit only half a dozen). But then, I probably look a badman.

Funniest was a 65+ little old lady "Wow, those wheels are lovely. They are so wide". Proper wide-eyed, scary looking woman.

Yeah I get loads of people commenting on how nice it is. people walk their dogs past my car because I live in a house next to a big common. Loads of passers by say how nice looking it is. The next door neighbour always comments. People treat you like s**t on the road though, tailgate, always try it on etc - I let them past because what am I going to prove in a 320d?

Perhaps I just look like a c**t. But Ive seen the faces of jealousy before and I get it frequently now. People see a 24 year old driving a shiny newish 3er Coupe and spew about it. I dont think the 19's help.

People treat you like s**t on the road though, tailgate, always try it on etc - I let them past because what am I going to prove in a 320d?

Oh people try it on constantly, tailgating galore (It's hard to tell which of them want to push me, and which just can't drive). I usually open it up on the safe/open roads once I've had enough of them.

Want compliments, drive past a few schools, kids love it.

Not a 320d
Oh people try it on constantly, tailgating galore (It's hard to tell which of them want to push me, and which just can't drive). I usually open it up on the safe/open roads once I've had enough of them.

I just pull over and let them get on with it TBH.

People shark at it all the time mate I know what its like.

Anymore plans for it then?

I was wondering what tyres you have on it? Going over a pot hole on runflats in mine makes me want to cry.

Looks and sounds very nice.Have you tuned it yet with a map?

Nope, with the turbo/warranty issues I've had, it's not worth it. I'm happy to leave it alone.

I just pull over and let them get on with it TBH.

People shark at it all the time mate I know what its like.

Anymore plans for it then?

I was wondering what tyres you have on it? Going over a pot hole on runflats in mine makes me want to cry.

Yeh I'm still on RFT (£305 each is the cheapest I can find fitted), and they are quite harsh.

No plans for it at all, keep it clean.

Lovely. Almost wish I'd got one instead of the 200. Bills scared me off.
Thanks, I'll admit it can be a little costlier to run.

RS4
Looks lovely. The exhaust valve mod is abit loud for my liking for a discreet BMW on day to day driving. Do I hear abit of wastegate rattle at 1:37? Mine is currently rattling :(

e91 330d/type r mini

i get the same, people will NOT let you out of junctions and mines a touring, albeit it doesnt look standard, people on motorways like to get right up your ass but i usually give it a quick blip and cover them in some nice diesel smoke then move over and let them on there way unless they have really irritated me then i keep my toe down and let them try passing me, not to many manage it though :)

i really wanted a 335i when i sold the e46 m3 but stupidly went sensible with a diesel :(

Looks lovely. The exhaust valve mod is abit loud for my liking for a discreet BMW on day to day driving. Do I hear abit of wastegate rattle at 1:37? Mine is currently rattling :(

I had the wastegate rattle 2 months ago, had both turbos replaced under warranty. The rattle was unbearable, after revving, it would rattle for 4/5 seconds constantly.

But yes you're right, I can hear the rattle coming back again, which I'll book in soon when I have no weekend plans ahead (can't stand the courtesy cars).

Just out of interest, are you shifting up really early in the videos? Doesn't even seem like the turbos get to spool up lol.

Yeh I was taking it easy, shifting early at 4k, sounds even better changing at 7k ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody love it. I've been reading they have coking issues like the later MCS's though? You heard much on that?

Ah, I have heard something about that, walnut blasting springs to mind?!

I had issues with power dropping/hesitation under load, but that was sorted by coils & plugs.

No doubt I'll have that issue soon, as it's used on an short 8 mile commute (I head that's a big factor).

Not a 320d
I read somewhere about pouring sand into the air filter helps?

That sounds like a good idea, because the sand will get sucked in and will use its abrasive power to remove the dirt. Ill go to B&Q tonight and get some sharp sand to try it out. Ill let you know what happens.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Perfect...

Did you pay a premium for that spec?
Ive been looking at them for a while now...
335i, coupe, manual, idrive, either black or red interior seems a very rare car to find :(

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Perhaps I just look like a c**t. But Ive seen the faces of jealousy before and I get it frequently now. People see a 24 year old driving a shiny newish 3er Coupe and spew about it. I dont think the 19's help.

Really quite proud of your PCP princess mobile aren't you Toby? lol

I'm surprised at how much this sounds like the diesel sometimes, maybe you're early shifting doesn't help. Let her rev! :)