ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32gb Class 10 or class 6 for Cannon 550D?

CLIO Iceberg 172
Im looking at trying to get a larger faster sd card for my 550d as i only got a 4gb class 4 which come with it...
but for HD movies etc i was told i need a class 6 or above...
now i know it will take the class 10 but i read online that sandisks cards are rated higher than class 10 even when they are marked up as a class 6 so much they just rebranded them...

so is it worth getting a 6 or should i look at getting a cheeper class 10?

and it needs to be 32gb as its over 300mb a min recording 1920x1080p lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got all my Sandisk ones on eBay (class 10)
They're all fine

PS - the class10 Sandisk ones came out top in a few DSLR magazines I've read :)

lift number 1 @ btm
You were quite lucky I'd say, there's loads of fakes on ebay.

If they come in the proper retail packaging they're usually ok I think, avoid the ones in just a little plastic case.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah sure is - I religiously check feedback over the past month or so on sellers for things like that before buying.
If it's a good job I save them in my favourites lol :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
cool so classs 10 it is then, any other companys any good? rather than sandisk? as their greatness is reflected in their prices lol would the generic class 10 32gb for £35 of scan.co.uk be any good?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got a 500D and got a 4GB SDHC that i use with it. if i put the camcorder on 1920x1080 it shut's itself off in about 15-20 secs and there's next to nowt on the card. Is this due to the quality or the speed that the card can take? after reading the above do i have to get a say class 10 so this dosnt happen any more?

CLIO Iceberg 172
yeah its the speed of the card i got the class 10 in the end and that allows me to take as much 1080p video as i like, 16gb is also very handy, anything below class 6 will struggle with video on the 550D. Its defently the best investment so far for my camera its made it so much more usable

2.2 bar shed.
i think it is a compact flash he needs. well my 7d takes a cf card. shame they are so expensive

I wish the 7D took SD as well like the 1D4? Just spent 50 quid on 4 8GB cheap as can be compact flash cards. Could get 4 16gb SD cards for that. I dont spam photos 99% of the time so its not really a problem as the buffers huge.