ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 beeps when I lock my clio

Clio 182 Cup
When I lock my clio 182 it sometimes gives 3 beeps, not every time though I would say about 20% of the time.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is?

Cheers

Mine does it sometimes. It usually happens when I press the lock button before the door has completely closed, but does it sometimes when everything is closed.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
When I lock my clio 182 it sometimes gives 3 beeps, not every time though I would say about 20% of the time.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is?

Cheers

Its only on 182 Cups-

Beep 1 your missing Xenons

Beep 2 your missing Climate

Beep 3 youve got a pikey interior

S

Clio 182 Cup
Yeah I have noticed the same thing but just lately its been happening more often so I've been making sure everything is shut properly before locking. Atleast now I know its not just mine that does it anyway!

Clio 182 Cup
Its only on 182 Cups-

S

I have xenons, I have electronic climate control, I have recaro seats, I have cup suspension set up and cup front splitter, I have speedline turinis.... fair enough they are the wrong offset which is a pain with rubbing issues!

Ph2 Flamer
I've read two different explanations for this on here (i have the same issue on my 172).
1 - It's a common fault where the ecu thinks the engine is still running so when you alarm the car it warns you (i guess the test here is does it do it if the car has been sat for a few hours and you open it and then re-alarm it without turning the engine on)
2 - it's the little movement sensors on the pillars which if you alarm just as the door has closed are sensing air movement (from the door being closed) and give 3 beeps.

Couldn't tell you which of those it is but it does generally happen to me if I alarm to quick after closing the door and when i changed the angle of the little sensor it seemed to make a difference but couldn't swear to it.

Clio 182 Cup
JBC27 - Thanks for that, will give the first one a test and see what happens, other than that I'll just have to live with it. Atleast I know its nothing bad now.

DCi 80 DieselSport
Erm, I'm pretty sure it's when your alarm has gone off.

When you come back to the car and unlock it the 3 beeps tell you that at some point since you last locked it....the alarm has gone off.

Ibiza FR Edition

When you come back to the car and unlock it the 3 beeps tell you that at some point since you last locked it....the alarm has gone off.
Pretty sure this is spot on mine does it to when the alarm has been off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Did you read the OP?

Golf GTD Mk7
Its only on 182 Cups-

S

Not strickly true mate. Mine has reverted back to a default setting due to having a flat battery for so long. I get 1 beep when I unlock the car, and 2 when I lock it. EVERY TIME :(

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
It's telling you your ultrasonic alarm sensors are turned off.

You can get it to do it by putting your key in the ignition and turn it to ignition then off 3 times remove key close door and you will get those 3 beeps.

Golf GTD Mk7
It's telling you your ultrasonic alarm sensors are turned off.

You can get it to do it by putting your key in the ignition and turn it to ignition then off 3 times remove key close door and you will get those 3 beeps.

Is that to the OP or mine?

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Slightly unrelated, my alarm went off randomly at work yesterday. No signs of entry and everything closed properly!

This one ^ (someday)
Mine does the 3 beeps on unlocking if the internal sensors are turned off, My alarm is very prone to going off randomly so if the car is somewhere safe at night i turn off the internal sensors so the alarm doesn't go off. Note: you turn the sensors off by turning the ignition so the dash lights up twice and then locking the car within 20 seconds.

As mentioned the car beeps a certain number of times when you unlock it if the alarm has gone off, apparently the number of beeps when you unlock it corresponds to a fault which is also apparently in the handbook, I don't have my handbook so I can't check the beeps!

Mine does occasionally beep when I lock it but as mentioned I've heard its to do with locking the car too quickly after shutting the doors (its a matter of seconds), also if you unlock my car and open the doors very quickly it sometimes beeps.

So essentially I haven't helped i've just said mine does it too :dapprove:

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

Yep same here. Usually when it's hailed at like 3am, and woke all the neighbours up, haha.

You can turn the alarm off by turning the ignition on, off, on, off before locking the car.

172 Cup
So can someone confirm how you turn alarm on/off - someone above posted ignition on/off 3 times above two mention it's only 2 times.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This is helpful to me as I have been wondering this recently.

Is the alarm supposed to go off if you were to pull on the handles if the cars locked? Or is it an internal alarm as such? If that makes sense?

I will test the turning on and off thing later.

I know mine bleeps 3 times when locking sometimes I guess it is when I lock car quick soon after getting out.

120d M Sport
Mine makes 1 single beep sometimes. I never know what causes it, can't seem to get it to do it when I try to find out what it is.

BG 182 FF
My car also occasionally makes 3 beeps when I lock it, but not very often, I always wondered why it did it, maybe ill check the handbook :)

This one ^ (someday)
So can someone confirm how you turn alarm on/off - someone above posted ignition on/off 3 times above two mention it's only 2 times.

Mine is definitely twice as I do it quite regularly but other models might vary.