ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3/4 front plate

172 cup
Im thinking about getting a 3/4 number plate so theres no over hang and I like the look of it. Just wondering if many people have issues with the police because of this. Im just going to change the front.

Cheers.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Fancy plates sell em. You prob will get some grief from the rozzas cos they have nothing better to do tbqfh. Can cost you dearly as well I got done for my leds

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
look a lot cleaner on the front :) and only people that have been utter planks infront of the rozzas have had trouble from them from what i have seen

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Fancy plates.

They are technically illegal, so don't complain if you do get stopped and given a £60 fine/points.

But as said, they don't normally attract attention, couple of my mates have small plates, some have tiny ones on some cars and never have a problem. IMO, if you drive like a hooligan or patrol the high streets at 11.00 at night you are going to attract attention, and they may spot it. Otherwise, you shouldn't have a problem.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Had mine ages been thru 2 mots just get it 89 mm x width iirc look great and never had any problems with mine .
fancyplates offer great service and good quality product.

Listerine & Poledo
Gives the thin blue line a perfect excuse to pull you over.
which is generally considered a bad thing.

172 cup
Had mine ages been thru 2 mots just get it 89 mm x width iirc look great and never had any problems with mine .
fancyplates offer great service and good quality product.

This sounds ideal, so the plate is just thinner. Its quite annoying that the standard plate over hangs a bit lol. Sounds anal I know.

I've never had any issues with the police giving me any trouble over them. Was at a meet the other week and unmarked traffic turned up, there was a whole fest of illegal plates etc and they just don't care.

If you're an idiot to him, he'll have you bent over for it, otherwise, I doubt they would do anything!

Evo 5 RS
Their quibble as is the DVLA's is that they don't register on the scanners, however I go through a speed trap every weekend which manages just fine with mine(flashes up slow down such and such reg. I mean 35 in a 30, before someone tries to bum me). If the spacings near as damn it the same it won't be a problem...

Unless you've got fancy ass gay lettering... in which case you're a numpty

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Their quibble as is the DVLA's is that they don't register on the scanners, however I go through a speed trap every weekend which manages just fine with mine(Slow down such and such reg, by speed trap I mean 35 in a 30, before someone tries to bum me). If the spacings near as damn it the same it won't be a problem...

Unless you've got fancy ass gay lettering... in which case you're a numpty
#

letters are slightly smaller but spacing is the same on the fancy plate ones aint they??