ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

279bhp from a non-turbo NA F4R? How?

Bit of a thread bump this! But interested to know is that 242bhp from a 197 F4R830? What duration and lift cams were used to get 242 whilst retaining the hydraulic tappets, was it VVT delete and was it still on a single throttle body?

If it's an F4R730 it will certianly be on multi throttles, but I guess the cam profile is roughly transferable to the later engines?

Cheers
That was ian-speedy's car IIRC. Catcam 423 cams, basic headwork, off the shelf parts for a high comp bottom end and 48mm jenveys. He has a project thread with the info in.

The pure motorsport engine had custom rods and pistons to improve the bore/stroke ratio.

Clio 200
Thanks guys, I'll not hassel Nick at PMS mind, as I'm just window shopping/aquiring info for a potential cam swap :) and that def won't be for a while yet as my 4th gear has just lunched itself so it's gearbox time now :(!
It sparked my interest though as I thought it might have been an 830 on single plenum. I'll have a look at the duration of the 423's though thanks.

Indeed the R3 came in either 230 or 250 Evo, both using the original intake. 230's a pretty standard spec on basically what I have, the 250 is a full on job though! I should have gone down the R3 230 route but my current thoughts are now thinking to ditch the VVT and have a couple of verniers - at the very least I want an exhaust cam keyed for a vernier. The full time VVT on the 830 if I stay on hydraulics might be a good idea perhaps, though if I go a bit more nuts and do solids I'll junk VVT for sure.