ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24000 Service

Recaro Black Gold 182
I'm due mine on monday, but Renault want £265.82. :eek:

I've searched and there are a small amount of old threads regarding this, am i getting bent over here?

BMW M135i
Think its a bit steeper that normal, although i'm not sure as i've never taken a car to a garage to be serviced.

M

monkeyman103

Hey fella. Where bouts are you. I had mine 36,000 mile service including the aux belt done for 180 quid in a place called reantec in brsitol. They done a really good job of it.

Recaro Black Gold 182
I'm due mine on monday, but Renault want £265.82. :eek:

I've searched and there are a small amount of old threads regarding this, am i getting bent over here?

Is that at Bridges?

Yes it is. Looked at fish brothers and they were even more.

Hey fella. Where bouts are you. I had mine 36,000 mile service including the aux belt done for 180 quid in a place called reantec in brsitol. They done a really good job of it.

What company is that fella?

get your own oil (pro s 5w40) and filter (itg),
my 24k service was £10 at renault

Nice dave, but isn't that on mates rates, lol ;)

Last edited:
M

monkeyman103

sorry mate it Renatec.Spelt it wrong. They are in bristol. Think they have a website. Not sure what it is

Nimbus Megane R26
Daz just wondering, where did you get your 24k service done? Iv just got my 04 plate BlackGold 182 with 23200 miles on and its in need of a service but dont wanna take it to the usual crappy garages round my way. Im from Warrington btw, your profile says NW so presume your not far away!

Where did you get it serviced and what parts did they service?

a thirsty one
i am from the mcr area and the 2 local dealers to me both wanted £236 and £244 respectively.

i have called rs tuning (leeds about 45 minutes from us) and they quoted me £150 all in, and as i have an aftermarket panel filter they knock £15 off, so will be £135.

a thirsty one
on a 24k service they do the oil and oil filter, air filter and cabin filter, evrything else is checking and doing levels etc

i think there was a list done by edde a while back about what they check.

rs tuning use the same elf oil as renault dealers

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Swansea Renault wanted £265, got Gravells Renault Kidwelly to do mine for £209 used fully/synthetic Elf ECELLIUM LDX 5W-40 they gave me a litre bottle of top up in the glove box and gassed my air con and i had a courtesy car:approve: , Swansea use semi synthetic elf on their service for the 182 and theres a 3 week wait for courtesy car:rolleyes:

Nimbus Megane R26
Cheers John, might be giving that place in leeds a call soon then! Also you know anywhere local that does a good price on PE2's?

a thirsty one
sorry kris i dont, i got a puncture a few months ago and did some ringing around, my brother works at a garge and even he couldnt get me one for less than 100 pound, dave sheldon in mcr had one in stock but due to demand they were asking for 115 quid, they said at the moment there wernt many in the country and that they are normally cheaper.

costco is a good bet if you know someone with a card but i think they often need a few weeks notice to get some in unless your really lucky and they have a few in stock, to be honest i went for a pirelli p zero nero to replace mine, total cost 50 quid (staff discount through brother) and im happy with it.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Seems expensive. If you are going to a main dealer take a few precautions. Clarify with them what they are going to be doing, as most don't know what the service schedule for the RS is. Mark with a pen all the filters that will be changed, as invariably they won't bother changing filters and you'll have to go back. Tell them to put the empty oil container in the boot so you can see what they've used. Usually they will use the cheapest of cheap oil and most likely it won't even be the correct specification for the engine. Expect to have to go back anywhere from 2-4 times to get it done properly. And make sure you get the correct docs and the book stamped, as they don't seem to bother doing that unless you tell them. Can you tell I like dealers? ;)

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
booked in for wed at carlton garage exmouth - £110.00!! great price which puts renault to shame!!