ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

22, 4 Years Driving, 0 years NCB

200 FF Storm Grey
Have I got a chance in hell of getting insured again for less than £2k when insurance comes around again in July?

Due to something yesterday i'm 99% going to be loosing my NCB, car is relatively fine 2bh, I honestly can't bring myself to try and sell it though, I feel like curling up and dying when I think of selling it after all i've done with the car plus the fact I would loose so much money from the mods, intention was to never ever sell it (would become a weekend toy / track car in a few months).

However life doesn't always work out how you hoped and now I'm in this awful predicament of potentially struggling to get insured on a car that I can't bring myself to sell :(

To think I was looking at Integra's the other day as a second car and now I'm finding myself looking for a cheap diesel corsa

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
claims? points??

if the car means that much to you, suck it up and pay insurance monthly!!

i shouldnt think it would over 2k, but ive never insured a renault sport!

200 FF Storm Grey
What about just get the diesel then day insure the clio as and when?

That's the other option, just park the car up for a year and drive something cheap, but prob find myself paying out just as much by time i've bought a second car and what not

200 FF Storm Grey
claims? points??

if the car means that much to you, suck it up and pay insurance monthly!!

i shouldnt think it would over 2k, but ive never insured a renault sport!

Third party claim and 3 points for an SP30 about 6 months ago

im 21, 1yr ncb and been driving for just over a year. mines £950 fully comp although i was 2700 last year 3rd party! have a look with elephant and admiral ;)

200 FF Storm Grey
Whats happened to your car mate?

Been going around a blind bend, tractor has been turning in, traffic stopped (before I came round), had literally 10-15 metres to stop, ended up going into the back of a motorbike (he's fine), car only need a new wing and bumper (bumper looks fine, it's just snapped one of the mounting points).

Hell of a lesson learned with blind bends but obviously too late for that now.

Generally you only lose two years for a crash. No idea why or how, but it's worth looking into.

So with 1 year you might have a bit more luck. Still going to be a lot.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If i were you i'd be rocking a citroen c1 and building up some no claims/saving loads of money

260% JCW
What happened and how come your making a claim?

TBH i wouldn't pay 1k insurance for anything