ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20y/o 172 03plate TPFT £867.06

Trophy
As above just rung Adrian flux and they have given me a quote of 867.06. Im 20y/o 3 year NCB 3 Years held licence and 3 points back in 2007. In GU3 Postcode area.

Is this a good quote?

Trophy
Well most companys dont give good Fully comp quotes till 21. My plan was to take the risk untill september when im 21 then go fully comp at a better deal. They currently want an extra 500 to go fully comp which i can afford but dont really want to pay.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Going tpft is a gamble but useful if your waiting to go 21/earning more bonus, i'd say you should only do it if you have the money to replace your car in the bank should the worst happen.

Never above 25mpg
I insured my Clio on TPFT. Didn't crash it. Drove sensibly in poor weather.

You'll be fine if you value the car/ your life. :)

Trophy
Its definately a gamble up to september and i have 3 years reasonable experience and have covered around 50,000 miles (my last car saxo vtr covered 23,000 in 1 years and 2 months - please dont rinse me for having a saxo) in that time without a crash. So i think i should be ok? Finalising some money today and will be ready to go on the hunt for a 172 cup tomorrow/next weekend. Looking to spend around 4000 ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Its definately a gamble up to september and i have 3 years reasonable experience and have covered around 50,000 miles (my last car saxo vtr covered 23,000 in 1 years and 2 months - please dont rinse me for having a saxo) in that time without a crash. So i think i should be ok? Finalising some money today and will be ready to go on the hunt for a 172 cup tomorrow/next weekend. Looking to spend around 4000 ;)

Be warned Cups are higher insurance Group and some insurers wont insure them.

ValverInBits
Go fully comp.

If you can't afford that, you can't afford the car.

Don't necessarily agree. I went TPFT at 20 as if I wrote it off I didn't want to be tainted with the claim on my insurance for the next 5 years. It's a gamble yes. But when your young you have to ask which is better, a repaired car (never the same), or cheap insurance for years to come?

AK

M240i
Don't necessarily agree. I went TPFT at 20 as if I wrote it off I didn't want to be tainted with the claim on my insurance for the next 5 years. It's a gamble yes. But when your young you have to ask which is better, a repaired car (never the same), or cheap insurance for years to come?

Only works if you don't hit anyone tho..

Hit someone and you'll have fcuked insurance and a fcuked car!

Yup ^^

It also depends what it is. A £500 Mk1 probably isn't worth going fully comp but a £4k 172 is.

You might not have had a crash so far but that doesn't mean you won't. It might not necessarily be your fault either. What if a dog runs out or something. You swerve and crash.

Never above 25mpg
You might not have had a crash so far but that doesn't mean you won't. It might not necessarily be your fault either. What if a dog runs out or something. You swerve and crash.

Everyone's had close calls. I've had a fair few. Been so lucky on some.

No offence but I wouldn't drive into a car on the other side of the road to avoid hitting a dog.

Trophy
Well most companys dont give good Fully comp quotes till 21. My plan was to take the risk untill september when im 21 then go fully comp at a better deal. They currently want an extra 500 to go fully comp which i can afford but dont really want to pay.

Yup ^^

It also depends what it is. A £500 Mk1 probably isn't worth going fully comp but a £4k 172 is.

Fair point, but as previously stated i am prepared to take a risk as 8 months carefull driving could potentially be saving me around £500. Worst case scenario is crashing, writing off the car and ending up with a cheap run around for a little while. (that is beside any personal injury from crashing!) What it really boils down to is personal opinion on whether the risk is worth it or not for the sake of saving 500.

Yup. These things happen to the best drivers. Not always your fault even if deemed so by insurance.

Natural reaction is to swerve. It could be a football which it doesn't if you hit it and it'll bounce off but you'll pull away from it. It might not be an on-coming car you hit. Could be parked. A tree. Post. Anything.

Not worth the risk IMO.

*Edit*

Well obviously that £500 is up for you to decide.

But you could write it off. Be £4k down and if you crashed into someone else, still have a claim.

I've been in your shoes. I went TPFT and I regret it. A lot.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've been hit by 3 uninsured drivers, all were there fault too. Twice I've had to claim off my own insurance to get funds. If I had TPFT I'd have lost out on alot of cash.