ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 clio 1.6 cambelt change

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
anyone any ideas on how much the cambelt change will be on a 2006 clio 1.6 dynamique s. renault have quoted £539 which seems steep even compared to my old 172. preferably need somewhere to change it near to birmingham.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's a bit of a prick to do. The water pump MUST be changed, and to remove this the entire aux setup needs unbolting. Think we charge about £430 with gen bits

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Based in Nottingham and £380 here also using Renault parts. Fred is closer to you though so give him a call cos he loves the K4M's :rasp:

Mick

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
anyone any ideas on how much the cambelt change will be on a 2006 clio 1.6 dynamique s. renault have quoted £539 which seems steep even compared to my old 172. preferably need somewhere to change it near to birmingham.

We charge £399 (may even be 349) all in, main dealer, easy job, did one the other day.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
No without water pump, never find they need replacing, most of the cambelts we do 9/10 the car has only done 30-40k so they are fine, no leaks, bearing ok etc. Renault do say that a slight bit of crusty residue is acceptable and wont need changing. If it looks like a christmas tree then yes they get replaced.

Havent done a pump on a clio3 k4m iirc

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
No without water pump, never find they need replacing, most of the cambelts we do 9/10 the car has only done 30-40k so they are fine, no leaks, bearing ok etc. Renault do say that a slight bit of crusty residue is acceptable and wont need changing. If it looks like a christmas tree then yes they get replaced.

Havent done a pump on a clio3 k4m iirc

I might review my policy on those then. Would be easier. Still dont trust a k4m pump though

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ash, yes my price also includes for a waterpump but on a Clio III it may not need it (as above) and in that case it becomes cheaper by -£56. Does include the Aux Belt kit though

Mick

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i have never done one yet on a clio 3 water pump i cant wait by the sounds of it. do you know about changeing the shim around on the idler too?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, its the same on the R26/27... comes as part of the kit if you get the right parts manager ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I always price to replace them though as my prices are pretty much based on engine platform rather than vehicle and on a 30-40k vehicle the water pump should be fine and so its owners choice to have it replaced or not (though for the cost vs piece of mind I still try to press for a new unit being installed cos it takes an extra 15-20mins). On 100k Megane I's though they get done religously

Megane dci 130
Cant say iv done a clio 3 k4m water pump either. But as ali says, most we get is 30- 40k cars so they are genrely sound.