ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 clio 1.2 petrol p0202, p0203, heater blowers and electrical problems

clio 1.2 sport
hi all.

i have recantly got a 2004 clio 1.2 petrol manual.

when i got the car the engine managment light was on but car drove briliant.

i got home plugged in obd reader.... had 6 faults!!!! most were mis fires and coil pack related. the bloke told me he just changed the coil pack but not reset the fault codes. i erased all codes and sure enough all codes cleared except p0202. injector no.2 open circuit. the cars engine didnt miss a beat so alittle bit puzzled by this as that fault 'should' of made it run lumpy???

anyways yesterday i decided to see what the problem was. i was equipt with 4 injectors, fuel rail and wiring loom to tackle any problem.

took the intake off for better access and noticed a couple of brakes in the electrical tape on wiring loom (it has a stupid black plastic case cover over the top) on inspecting these areas it seams that stupid black cover has eaten into the wiring. 3 wires were badly damaged. one white one was cut in half, a cream on was hanging in by 2 threads and same as the green one. needless to say i thought definate cause. the wring loom i had brought was missing a couple of plugs at the back near the cambelt so decided to scrap that idea and bodge a repair until i can get another loom.

bodge was done. fault code was cleared. drove car around block. run loverly. however when i had to drop my mate home at midnight it run really lumpy and neadless to say i turned around a came home. a quick obd check came with p0203. loverly a new related fault!!

done abit of checking today and my bodge work is doing the job im getting no resistance (checked with multimeter) so can only gather whilst pulling loom around i may have damaged a wire else ware.

needless to say im looking for a new loom for replacement.

i think i may have ultimatly in theory (not practace) solved the problem however why would this fault code cause car torun like this and other fault code didnt? it only changed which injector it was playing up with? ths behaviour is what i would expect from this fault code but how could p0202 not make car run badly when there was a clear fault in the wires?? im sorry car did you like your wires broken??????????

ok then.
next annoying thing....

heater blowers...

dont work!! i changed the resistor pack... no change!! i changed the blower fan and another resistor pack.... no change!!! (i should mension i tryed bridging the resistor pack with a wire to get fan spinning but nothing happened) i took out heater controls look good condition!!! ive checked every fuse in fuse board passenger side (i dont know what fuse it could be) but none were blown!! mind blown tho!!! any ideas what to try??

and then.....

when i stop car running i keep hearing a bloody clcking noise for several mins drivers side under wheel arch. its got a plug just under the drivers headlight and i can feel it clicking. what is this? is this clicking normal? its on the same loom as injectors so could this be due to another wire damage??

cheers for reading my essay.

look forward to your reply and i appologise if theses have been answered in diff threads i just had alot of info (and it wouldnt fit into search bar) lol

clio 1.4 16V
the clikking sound could possibly be the carbon canister valve that's broken but should not affect the loom of the injectors

clio 1.2 sport
i thought ild do a quick follow up on this post. i once again removed all wiring loom to injectors as this was bugging me. it turns out the previous owner had his own way of making injector no2 work. he had injector 2 wired up to injector 3, guess he never bothered checking 6 inches up the wiring loom to find the actuall problem. soo solved!! well kinda i have all 4 cylinders firing nice now however on idle revs drop lower than i would expect, put my foot on acc and its quite hesitant to rev up but willeventually after jumping all over the rev counter! as previously stated car was running 100% before i tried to sort fault code. all i have done is all wiring. e.g removingwiring plugs and re fitting on many of the connectors. so iam hoping one connector is not fitted properly or im hoping another wire is not damaged. will replace loom when funds allow but meanwile im not having much luck with getting the car torun 100% again!!