ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 to Fiesta ST

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lol it makes most of its torque near @7k so I would say it was. Your ford was mapped, so is a moot point.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not really.

snickers.jpg

Lol it makes most of its torque near @7k so I would say it was. Your ford was mapped, so is a moot point.

True to an extent, but even standard it spun to 7000 whilst making more power and torque than any Clio. F4R is not an engine that spins freely.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
True to an extent, but even standard it spun to 7000 whilst making more power and torque than any Clio. F4R is not an engine that spins freely.

It's a 5pot turbo, it's going to make more power? :S Nobody's disputing that?

Anyway, agree it's no vtec, but it's not bad, much better balanced and willing to spin than a mk2 IMO. Other than the recent CTR, what else is there that's N/A with sporty intent?

They're hardly asthmatic. Try an ecotec for that.

It's a 5pot turbo, it's going to make more power? :S Nobody's disputing that?

Anyway, agree it's no vtec, but it's not bad, much better balanced and willing to spin than a mk2 IMO. Other than the recent CTR, what else is there that's N/A with sporty intent?

They're hardly asthmatic. Try an ecotec for that.

I agree. My point is only that the Clio is no "NA screamer" in the context of naturally aspirated versus turbocharging.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I swear if I ever read "NA screamer" again on a Clio forum, my head will explode. They don't even rev. They are not happy revving. Yes the 200 engine is better than the 182 in this regard, but I feel this is probably due to better engine mounts and sound deadening. It is not an engine that spins like a Honda vtec. It's just that you need to maximise the revs in order to actually move.

I've had two high power turbo cars since my Clio, and both spin to the redline, with more gusto, and MUCH more urge than any Clio I've ever driven, including the 200.

The Clio is a great car, but it is not an "NA screamer".

I remember being doubtful when you said there was no element of your FRS feeling a little bit diesel-like as it revved out.

Now I've seen the light LOL. Modern turbo charged engines are wonderful things...no downside at all compared the equivalent bhp output NA, and a sh*t load of upsides.

I'd always thought a GT86 would feature for me at some point but on its engine alone, I wouldn't own one now.

Mark, my RS was making more power and torque the higher the revs went. It was as easy to bump into the (soft) limiter as it was in a Type R.

That was with breathing mods though.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It appears so. Fantastic cars. It may have escaped some people's attention that may I have one available as a second car. So I'm pretty far from a hater ;)

I was literally about to mention the fact i thought you had one, iirc you posted a pic of your 1M parked next to a 2-hunner?

It's in the family. Amazing car. Handles even better than my FRS did. Not anywhere near as quick in a straight line, but arguably more fun on certain roads. Stupidly hard suspension though. In fact it makes the 1M feel like a Rolls Royce.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Fair one, not the mysterious yes/no/maybe answer i was expecting ;)

Aye the ride is anything but forgiving, i'd love a well spec'd AG one, if i do buy another Renault out with a 1*2 it'll be Megane 250.

TBH mate, if my financial position were 'downgraded' overnight, and I mean that only in terms of me having to rethink my cars, I would happily drive a 200 every day.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I saw a 197 on the road tonight and it looked fantastic. 197s and 200s have real road presence IMO - a lot more than a fiesta st.

Ive not driven a 'super modern' turbo car but the ones I've owned - vectra vxr, audi s3 and subaru sti were never as satisfying to drive as any of the clios I've owned. I think ill always be an na fan but that may change when I drive an st.

RB182cup&golf gti
I prefer the look of the 200. They look great in black and proper wide from the back. I pick up my Spirit Blue ST tomorrow after a three month wait. Rather excited. Wanted a more grown-up car, so was holding out for the new Golf GTI as I love Golfs, but ended up in a ford dealer and thought sod it, for the money not a lot comes close to the ST. Plus £600 gets you the mountune upgrade which doesn't affect your warranty, so a no brainer mod IMO

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I prefer the look of the 200. They look great in black and proper wide from the back. I pick up my Spirit Blue ST tomorrow after a three month wait. Rather excited. Wanted a more grown-up car, so was holding out for the new Golf GTI as I love Golfs, but ended up in a ford dealer and thought sod it, for the money not a lot comes close to the ST. Plus £600 gets you the mountune upgrade which doesn't affect your warranty, so a no brainer mod IMO

i think that's the reason I can't get on with the new hot hatches, they've been lazy with the styling. Hot clios have always had beefed up arches to go with a wider track and better stance. The new one has just got a half arsed body kit and some big wheels. The fiesta, granted, looks minimally different from the zs... Like the last one was tbh. The 208 just looks like a normal 208, the only way to tell the difference really is that gti badge on the rear pillar.

Engine wise, they may well be amazing, but they arent looking the part. IMO

Countryman JCW
Ive not driven a 'super modern' turbo car but the ones I've owned - vectra vxr, audi s3 and subaru sti were never as satisfying to drive as any of the clios I've owned. I think ill always be an na fan but that may change when I drive an st.

Ive done the same, and completely agree with this... All of the RS Clio's ive owned have been really fun cars to drive. What took it to another level was strapping a GT28rs to one, it went from being a great car to drive to a mental car to drive ;)

A Fiesta RS is required to change the game!

Here here... Another Fiesta RS would be brilliant!

Last edited:
  RB 200
If they'd of made a ST in the last fiesta shape, then i'd of gone for that instead of the 200. Didn't fancy a zetec s as my last car was a 1.6, so I wanted something more. Couldn't wait for the ST, plus it's too expensive!
I've had my 200 for six months now and it's really grown on me, in that time i've only seen two others on the road. The ST hasn't been around that long and i've already seen half a dozen or more. Think the 200 looks more imposing on the road and just parked up.
To whoever commented about the interior, you dont buy a car like this for comfort. Its how it makes you feel! If you want a nice interior, buy a Merc!

Plus the 200 is the last of the 2.0 n.a's because of new emmision regs.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You bought the wrong colour :p

my blue car gets "the look" nearly everywhere I go. And for the people in the know, I get the Obama face...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...&sa=X&ei=A2ppUrJXqrnRBfqRgegB&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA

THIS

a un specced one isn't going to get any looks compared to a fully specced one with the seats/wheels/spoiler etc, and a good colour. Plain colour hiding all the lines and no spec etc isn't going to do anything for anyone.

i was paying for fuel yesterday and when I looked out at the pump number, there was a Middle Age man looking around the car giving it the Obama face.

RB 200
I meant the similar shape one before the current facelifted one. They only did a 1.6 zetec s in that.