ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Cup Screeching

200 Cup, 595 Abarth
Hi guys,
I picked up my 200 Cup on Friday and it's making a screeching noise occasionally under very slow/dry steering. Has anyone else had similar can point me in the right direction please?
Video of noise:

Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was thinking "I'm not hearing anything, op is a liar omg that's loud!"

I've never heard that nose before on a car but that sounds like plastic/rubber bushes being perished and needing some grease.

Someone more mechanically smarter than me will be along to tell you for sure but I'd be checking the steering column, does it sound like it's coming from inside in person?

200 Cup, 595 Abarth
I had a similar noise on my Fiesta ST a long time ago however it wasn't as loud and that ended up being bad ball joints. However from the reading I've done on these Clio's and the racks being a nightmare I wanted to know if this was a symptom of rack failure or potentially something else!

It sounds like it's coming from the engine bay as it's more audible with the windows down.

200 Cup, 595 Abarth
Just found this on the official RenaultSport forum and it was a guy who diagnosed it to being ball/swivel joints. Hopefully the garage doesn't mug me off and say it's a consumable item considering I've only had it 2 days!!