ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 cup around track

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Just wondering if many people have tracked there 200's yet. They on same pace as mk2 sports??
Mine feels so heavy compared to my ph1, also worrying it wont be half as much fun either.

What are the brembo's like for Brake fade??

Da

Less
It will be more than capable on track. I had mine on Oulton last month and loved every minute of it.

Much more solid and capable than my 182 ever was.

I didn't get any brake fade so they held up well in my opinion.

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
I hear the standard pads aren't up to much though on the 197's/200's (much like most cars stock pads)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just wondering if many people have tracked there 200's yet. They on same pace as mk2 sports??
Mine feels so heavy compared to my ph1, also worrying it wont be half as much fun either.

What are the brembo's like for Brake fade??

They are very good on track, but won't be as much fun as your ph1 fella!

Golf GTD Mk7
drove the 200 cup at oulton and it was great. Tyres are gash though. Much more stable, for me the tyres let it down a bit on track. Nice car to drive on track

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My 197 loved the track work, totally standard apart from Rs2's.
Brakes never gave up so no need to uprate.
If they do it's your driving style :rasp:

I've only had the 197 round track at Milbrook and most of that round the outer handling circuit, which is meant to be pretty hard on the brakes, and had no problem at all. I cant compare the experience to a 1*2 as never driven one on track, but it was still f**king epic!

I had mine round Oulton Park on 2nd Nov. Was fantastic, but It's the first time I've been on track in anything so it's set the bar for me.
No brake fade at all though, Performance was suberb as well!
Tyres look unmarked as well but it was a damp / wet day so maybe they didn't get too hot!
Hopefully doing Cadwell park next year too!

Nothing at the mo :(
See when i was at llandow in march i was behind a 197.. he could brake better then me, even though we was bot on standard brakes i was getting serious brake fade compared to him!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes yes, but drop billy on his 3rd time out on track in a ph3 and he will lap faster. You do however have a good point!

100% right. It's a lot easier to drive fast/hard. Probably why I don't enjoy them as much.
Brakes are great, better pads are good for track, more initial bite.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've had the 200 Cup on 5 trackdays so far and have to say the brakes have stood up well. Not noticed any fade (I'd like to think I was giving them a good thrashing). You could certainly warm up a few people if you stood next to them after coming off the track ;)

I've only used R888s on track and found them really good. Even in the monsoon we had at Silverstone.

Nothing at the mo :(
Worse thing ive ever had in my 182 was...

If anyone has ever been to llandow they will know that the front left takes ALOT of punishment that day.. 2 days before i had to put a cheapo on the front left as it wouldnt last the whole day

I came of once after about 15 mins and the tyre was actually steaming lol.. shame i didnt have a frying pan and some bacon lol

Clio 200 Black and White
yeah, the 200 is awesome on the track - much more stable than my old 182 cup and trophy.

Actually, the added stability makes it more fun to drive because it's much more predictable so you can take far more liberties with it, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70c7Nuu3VFk

Standard tyres fell apart pretty quickly on the track, well worth investing in some R888's, which will be faster and far longer lasting on the track. The brakes lasted really well in my experience, a little fade perhaps but still plenty of stopping power.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I've got a 182 Cup now which I've tracked a lot, and also driven 197 and 200 on the track. The 197 and 200 are far more capable, and also more fun in my opinion. I've done a few days at Cadwell, and when I jumped out of my 182 and into the 200 for the first time, I was going quicker than I'd ever done in my 182 within about 5 minutes. The chassis is also a hoot, very progressive and adjustable, the 182 feels very snappy by comparison.

It's very easy to get the impression that they are dull, heavy and not particuarly interesting if you're pootling around town on your dealership test drive. Let it off the leash a little bit and it will reward you.

Clio RS 200 Cup
I took my 200 Cup out in October on an airfield day I have done 4 times previously in my Mk2 Golf track day car. I wasnt sure about the brakes on the first run, but once I sorted the tyre pressures out it felt fine. I would say some slightly uprated pads would be nice, but not essential. I didnt turn the ESP off though as it was my first outing with the car, cant say I noticed it kicking in but couldnt swear on it. Anyone else turn the ESP off?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I took my 200 Cup out in October on an airfield day I have done 4 times previously in my Mk2 Golf track day car. I wasnt sure about the brakes on the first run, but once I sorted the tyre pressures out it felt fine. I would say some slightly uprated pads would be nice, but not essential. I didnt turn the ESP off though as it was my first outing with the car, cant say I noticed it kicking in but couldnt swear on it. Anyone else turn the ESP off?

I turn it off when up at Knockhill. Only time it flashes up is out of the hairpin so just turn it off for that.