ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20 bhp Mod Chip

Clio 172 Mk2

Ive been looking abought on ebay and a came across something 4 ya engine

Its some sort of chip that gives you 20 bhp extra, but its only £7 and they are normally

£400 - £800. am just wondering if this could mess my engine up, if anyone would be so kind as to look at this site that ill put on this and give me any feed back from it that would be cool thank you. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424877829U face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424877829/U

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

It is NOT a chip...

This is just a simple resistor costing a few pence and all you do is unplug the temp sensor on the inlet manifold and fit the resistor which fools the ECU into thinking that there is cold, dense air in there and so it advances the timing and puts more fuel through, so it "can" give you more grunt, but usually wont.

Have actually got one of these myself off eBay as it was 99p and I was just buying any old cheap crap to boost my rating.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

After reading through the advert I have decided that...

ITS A LOAD OF BOLLUX!:cry:

Never heard of any chip giving 20bhp on a Clio.

172, Tiguan

hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhhahahahhahahahhahahahaha

Nippy white cup

"This will unleash the true power of you cars engine. This will take the barrier of your cars engine and unleash its true power."

Lol That really is priceless!

Well competition for these is getting bigger they used to be 15 guess some people have under cut them lol... this pops up on every car forum now..

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

just get a max power sticker instead thatll sort your 20bhp out ;)

although lil nos stickers seem quite popular on cars thatll fall to bits with a nitrous shot of 1 lame horse.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I would imagine running the car too rich will do damage to the engine yes.. it certainly wont help your fuel enconemy or emmissions..

It will damage your engine over time through additional engine wear the "chip" is making the car think its nice and cool when in fact its not.

Yes it may well give you some extra brooom but not 20bhp.

and the golden rule is if it seems to good to be true it normally is, and if you could add 20bhp like that everyone would have one.

Retail at 500-800 we sell it to you for £7. Humm to me that would suggest something is not right.