ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Question, what is something, how do I move something.

First off, I had a rattle, and after a thread on here just couldn't resolve it, today I have.

Oooo, whats this!

th_5f8ed94f.jpg

FOUND IT!

It was loose, need to now find out what it is?

4493d313.jpg

a544df65.jpg

As it was loose and broken, I took it off, problem solved!

47d67326.jpg

5d982165.jpg

So could someone please tell me what this is, I have a 172 cup for the record, and have new discs/pads/bearings in the post to change, whilst looking around I found a problem.

The 17mm Socket wouldn't fit on the bottom caliper bolt

2f5e58e9.jpg

How do I move this clip thingy stopping me get access?

Thanks, Ed!

I don't think you should be messing with discs and brakes, do you ?

Messing with, take off old, do opposite putting back together, worked on 2 sets of coilovers perfectly well. Sorry for not knowing if there was
a) a correct way for removing something
b) not knowing what a piece that had fallen off my car was
c) never done a disc and bearing in one, so thought I'd ask, on a forum, to check before I do something. Sorry I'm not up to your racecar mechanic knowledge

^^What Tony said!! plus have you ordered original Renault discs? if not wave bye to another £100 as the bearings in non genuine won't last!

Also do you have a torque wrench? as the nut on the stub axle needs to be torqued up to 175nm and you need to make sure the spacer washer is put in place behind the disc first.

182cup & 172 racecar
Don't get all narky.

But, if you cannot work out, that you just have to tap the little pin over slightly to get a socket on, then I would be a little concerned.

That's all.

Good luck, and at least you are having a go.

^^What Tony said!! plus have you ordered original Renault discs? if not wave bye to another £100 as the bearings in non genuine won't last!

Also do you have a torque wrench? as the nut on the stub axle needs to be torqued up to 175nm and you need to make sure the spacer washer is put in place behind the disc first.

I have discs, with bearings pressed in already, dont you worry yourself about that.

Yes, I have a torquw wrench, yes I have copper grease, a 17mm, 19mm and 30mm sockets, my locking wheel nut, jack, etc ;)

Don't get all narky.

But, if you cannot work out, that you just have to tap the little pin over slightly to get a socket on, then I would be a little concerned.

That's all.

Good luck, and at least you are having a go.

It wasn't a cant work out, it was a case of there is a retaining pin on it, to the left, I didn't know if this needs to be removed to slide the pin free, knock the pin out completely, shift it (as I've now been told) After having the which I now know as ABS ring being broken, I dont want to just smack the pin out if it needs a simple retaining pin removing.

Edit: But thankyou for your concern people, both patronising and others ;)