ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 new cars

Broken Diesel Megane :(
basically my mum and wee bro have bought new clios each (nothing fancy, just 1.2 extremes).

one is metallic grey (eclipse) and one is flat red (capsicum, yes as per the trophy).

so, i have been asked to clean and prep both of them on arrival (this wed) some point this weekend.

what would be the best products for both?

being new cars i want to get a good few layers of onyx onto them as my LSP, but would you go to the extent of claying/polishing/pc'ing etc on new cars?

Clio 200
someone was telling me about a guy who bought a astra vxr and got it delivered straight to his door from the factory so the garage couldnt prep it. and he clayed/polished/pc'd the full car and it turned out amazing

Megane R26
- Ask the dealer not to prep them (scratch them!)
- Use a clay - lots of new cars have contaminents bonded to them from shipping
- If the paint needs it, use something like 106FF or #80 on a polishing pad to clean the paint up a little
- LSP as per usual.

Megane R26
someone was telling me about a guy who bought a astra vxr and got it delivered straight to his door from the factory so the garage couldnt prep it. and he clayed/polished/pc'd the full car and it turned out amazing

That's probably vxrmarc's from DW - Nurburgring Edition?

- If the paint needs it, use something like 106FF or #80 on a polishing pad to clean the paint up a little
- LSP as per usual.

i was going to clay them, as when sitting at the docks they can be prone to picking up metal filings in the air from the railway lines nearby.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ sounds like the way forward! mynes currently being valeted for me while i sit here and watch them do the hard work outside lol. an no they aint polish!

- LSP as per usual.

i was going to clay them, as when sitting at the docks they can be prone to picking up metal filings in the air from the railway lines nearby.

This may sound silly but.

Do you mean sitting at the docks in Aberdeen ?

This may sound silly but.

Do you mean sitting at the docks in Aberdeen ?

no no, i would be surprised if cars came into aberdeen by boat. no typically around Dover or wherever there landing dock is for these cars, beside almost every harbour is a railway line. cars sit there for a couple of weeks getting covered in all sorts of shite.