ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Another thing Chris, do you do your track days with the headlight out?

I'm thinkingI will be as my filter sits right behind the light.

BMW M5 & E36
Like this?

SG1L5067.jpg

I don't usually bother though, it looks crap in the pics afterwards :eek:

Mk1 F4R
Good work mate, you sticking with the old style nuts in the topmounts as they are going to make a mess of the nice anodized finish, hope they send out the new ones asap
Can i get a passanger ride at oulton please

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Brilliant work chris, I take my hat off to you! Looking forward to seeing it at oulton and of course a passenger ride!

BMW M5 & E36
Cheers :)

I'll probably be at FCS in it, nothing booked or paid for yet though so will have to see.

Insured as of tomorrow :D

Your's wont be making it lol.

...and Chris, ive already booked the hotel (months ago) when you said you'd probably come, and we agreed to go on a different club stand lol.

Mk1 F4R
Your's wont be making it lol.

...and Chris, ive already booked the hotel (months ago) when you said you'd probably come, and we agreed to go on a different club stand lol.

So does that mean i got to sit on my billy tod lol
Come on its not that far off (i think):eek:

BMW M5 & E36
Sorted insurance first thing this morning so I'm covered as of tomorrow. Couldn't get tax today so thats a job for after work tomorrow.

Had a windscreen fitted at lunch time

IMG_3752-1024.jpg

Which allowed me to put all the wiper mech, wash bottle, scuttle etc back on

IMG_3753-1024.jpg

Got some brake fluid from Halfrauds (I love my new trade card!) and bled them through. This made the car driveable so I had a little go up and down the road, grin :D

Excuse the state of all the panels, they look terrible, but I had to get my priorities right and have it running first.

IMG_3757-1024.jpg

IMG_3758-1024.jpg

IMG_3759-1024.jpg

IMG_3755-1024.jpg

IMG_3761-1024.jpg

IMG_3754-1024.jpg

IMG_3760-1024.jpg

IMG_3756-1024.jpg

Front end is a bit low still, that needs lifting. The good news is that it drives :)

Back to work tomorrow so progress will slow a little, getting there though :)

Mk1 F4R
How are the topmounts now you have driven it up the road, was told today on the phone the "new""new" style nuts are in transit and should be here when the ash clears then they will send them straight out. my guess is you wont get them for next tuesday :(

BMW M5 & E36
Well, I taxed it on the way home from work yesterday, spent the evening doing a few more jobs, then went out for a drive in it for the first time since November, wow! So so good to be driving it again!

:D

How are the topmounts now you have driven it up the road, was told today on the phone the "new""new" style nuts are in transit and should be here when the ash clears then they will send them straight out. my guess is you wont get them for next tuesday :(

An immeasurable time in the future then? Lol.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Bless her, she does look tatty as fooook from the front. Glad its all working nicly after putting it back together though :)

BMW M5 & E36

Done about 100 miles in it now, all seems good :). Such a good laugh and makes me grin like a kid!

With the pressure off for Oulton a little now that the car's running, I got chance to give the Megane a wash and put my new plates on too, i joined the T*PHY club

210420101145-1024.jpg

210420101144-1024.jpg

And glued the sunroof into the Clio. It was nice driving round in the sun without! :cool:

200420101143-1024.jpg

R27
Congratulations on getting the Clio back on the road, looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it.

Plate on the Megane looks really good!!

BMW M5 & E36
Yeah sometime soon, think we're about due one ^.

Chopped the 12" Mongoose tip off the backbox before and replaced with a bit of 2.5" stainless. I cut it to the same length as the standard tip and it looks a bit long I think, so will probably take an inch or so off at some point.

IMG_3774-1024.jpg

IMG_3776-1024.jpg

IMG_3775-1024.jpg

Got the RS2's on the front too and just about got them bedded in. Very impressed so far :)

IMG_3777-1024.jpg

Did the tracking this morning. I wasn't far out by eye, just a bit of camber needed taking off the one side.

Oil and filter change before wednesday and that'll about do it for Oulton. Fingers crossed :)

BMW M5 & E36
'Daz Clio Cup' on here has made a set of alignment bars which bolt together around the car, quite a riggy looking contraption but it works perfectly. Then put the relevant rim diameter into his spreadsheet and it gives me a figure for whatever degree of camber I want to achieve. 17mm difference top to bottom from vertical would have been 2.5deg, we settled at 15.5mm so slightly less than 2.5. Hope that makes sense, a picture would have helped.