ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 RS Tuner questions

Red 197
I know these may have been asked before but I'm seriously considering buying a tuner and would like to clear up a few questions I have:) My car is a completely standard 197 apart from a ktr induction kit!

What gains (Not just power wise) will I get from the tuner? Although a rough power figure would be nice?

Are they relatively simple to set up, do I need any specific software on my laptop or will the tuner have it all?

How are they reliability wise and has anybody had any trouble with there car after using one?

Im particularly interested in the 98ron map

Thanks in advance, Drew

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have just done my 182, I don't think I have gained any actual power, maybe a couple of BHP, but it pulls a lot harder from lower down, midrange is improved quite a bit on mine, really easy to use as well...

Willo

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have just done my 182, I don't think I have gained any actual power, maybe a couple of BHP, but it pulls a lot harder from lower down, midrange is improved quite a bit on mine, really easy to use as well...

Willo
Sounds spot on

Beaten up 182

Willo

Done mine today, really impressed. The only thing I don't understand is why Renault never set them up like this in the first place?!

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Done mine today, really impressed. The only thing I don't understand is why Renault never set them up like this in the first place?!

Being honest i dont know, but could be to do with emmisions or something.....

Red 197
Thanks for your help lads! How much do they roughly cost as I'm on the website and it's all in dollers, or am
i on the wrong site lol?

Fastchip remap isn't really about gaining peak as you won't gain much from the F4R without spending dumb money anyway.
It's about optimising the potential of a stock engine and back when I had my 182, I felt it did that very well.

Bit like remaps for the Civic EP3. Little peak is gained but the midrange becomes much more usable.

Red 197
Thanks, yeah I'm told they improve the low end flat spot and midrange pull no end! Would you recommend?