ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 problems

Had quite a few niggles with my 197.

The latest is...

Started my car the other day and all the lights on the dash went mad. I was left with an orange spanner on the dashboard. The computer then told me that my TCS, ABS & ESR have been deactivated. Not really bothered about the TCS as i have that turned off anyway, but i do need the ABS.

The car now cuts out at 6k also.

I know i need to get it to the garage but just dont have time. If i called the RAC out would they be able to diagnose it?

Tangoed Works
get it into the local dealers and get them to sort it mate. make use of the warranty, they may be ecu updates etc as well.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
probably gonig to be somesort of crap sensor error. i had loads on my 182 when it was brand new. typical renault though...

i reckon you are a bit unfortunate as i haven't heard of too many issues with 197's... the normal was the rear brakes.

best bet is straight in for a check up under warranty.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mine has a AA card, as do all new Renaults? Call them at work, they'll come out, if they cant fix it, they'll take it to the nearest dealership iirc Its in the warranty handbook with the car :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
PMSL!!!! What niggles/problems you having? Only one i have is a passenger door rattle, but will look at that myself.

So far

New shock absorbers
Boot wont open
knocking noise at rear - exhausts misaligned or something
Radio bust
Recaro starting to fray

Still love the car though

White 197
So far

New shock absorbers
Boot wont open
Radio bust
Recaro starting to fray

Can I ask why you had new shocks? Our original 197 would really crash over pot holes and bumps. The new car with cup chassis is a revelation, indeed as I said on an earlier post I am wondering if there was something wrong with the 1st car's suspension.

ST
So far

New shock absorbers
Boot wont open
Radio bust
Recaro starting to fray

Can I ask why you had new shocks? Our original 197 would really crash over pot holes and bumps. The new car with cup chassis is a revelation, indeed as I said on an earlier post I am wondering if there was something wrong with the 1st car's suspension.

Indeed...

It seems to be the non cup'd cars that are having the suspension problems..

Broken Diesel Megane :(
only problems i have had are, handbrake seizes on cold nights, and the ESP sometimes reads "deSactivated"!

yes, desactivated.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL!!! Yeah i get the sticky handbrake after heavy rain/frost etc, but not fussed as my previous GT Punto did it and also my Cup. Think its rear discs for you!!!