ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Meg Conversion

Alright lads, I'm super close to pulling the pin on this one and looking for some final advice on here to either make me push the button, or save 6k...

Dont plan on tracking the car anytime in the near future, but might one day convert it for such purpose. I work from home, and use the car for gym, giving the girlfriend lifts to work etc. Had it just over a year now and I'm kinda after a little extra ooommph. Its in need of a new gearbox, and my mechanic asked me if I just wanted to do the conversion and put a meg box in it jokingly a few months back... I laughed at the time... but now Im actually thinking of just doing it.

So anyway, to those who have had it done just simply put... was it worth it? Have their been any problems since? Was the car still fine for a daily driver after conversion? Anything I should be wary of etc? A list of -/+ would be great.

If I do it I'm probably going to go all out and get it forged... hence the 6k rough figure. Restoring this little 197 has been my project for a year now so I'll have the engine parts blasted/painted and the whole engine bay minted.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited: