ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Insurance

SMURF!!!
Those of you who have a 197, whats your insurance like?

Mine has come in at £670 with Churchill, but because my existing insurance with them doesnt run out til september, i cant change insurers otherwise ill lose a years no claims.

However, my boyfriend has a meg 225 and his is only £100 more, he has less no claims than me and is a BOY!!!!

Why oh why?

SMURF!!!
I checked out confused.com just to see if it was worth losing a years no claim just to get a better deal.

I am def staying with churchill - its £670 paid out monthly with excess of £250.

Swinton quoted me: £1955.75 and £850 excess - what???? :eek:

SMURF!!!
try the privilage

Just tried them, if i could keep my 5 years no claims it would have been cheaper, but cos churchill have said i would lose a years if i cancel before the year is out, privilege have quoted me £781.24 .

But cheers kullycliosport anyway :D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how old are you btw? and how many NCb do you have? these quotes including NCB protection?

SMURF!!!
how old are you btw? and how many NCb do you have? these quotes including NCB protection?

Im 22, i have 5 years no claims (as parents took out insurance in my name when i turned 17) and yeah the quotes are including NCB protection. :rasp:

Ill try adrian flux now. Cheers again kullycliosport :D :D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
adrian flux :eek: then

ditched them last year. got a fooking rude ass insurnace company now. some small broker. it is c9ool as you actually speka ot someone who determines the price of your insurnace.
one number and striaght though, no computer or loads of button pushing. well impressed.

ashbourne insurance iirc...

adrian flux :eek: then

ditched them last year. got a fooking rude ass insurnace company now. some small broker. it is c9ool as you actually speka ot someone who determines the price of your insurnace.
one number and striaght though, no computer or loads of button pushing. well impressed.

ashbourne insurance iirc...

another one to try ^^^^^ next will be tesco , heard they are good too ;)

SMURF!!!
Actually Tescos doesnt work out to be too bad on the 197 - it was however, about £300 more than Churchill on my crappy old fiesta!!!

Milltek'd 182
get back to privilige (call them) cos they guarantee to beat any quote if u have over 4 years NCB. so find the cheapest quote u can and do some haggling!

Last edited:
  Turbos.
What insurance group is it then?

With Privelege when my renewal comes in a 197 will cost £597.

I will be 22 with 5 years NCB. Parked on driveway in worse than average postcode with car worth £15k.

Bear in mind that insurance quotes are meant to be going up by as much as 40% this year.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Mine is due for renewal next month, my renewal is £421 (0 points, 9 years ncd, 27 yrs old)

Just got a quote from privelage £368 not bad.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Im 24 with 5years no claims&on my 172 renault wanted £1500 so i went with Greenlight who are based in Brentwood- cheapest i found they wanted about £850. Been with them for 2yrs now- Highly recommended as they can cover you for track days ;)
Problem i found is hardly anyone wants to cover you if you have modifications :(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
im with elephant and have all my mods declaired - i think i paid £720 which wasnt so bad (22 with 3 years no claims, lost out on a year as i had to move from direct line as they didnt like mods)

Greenlight were always s**t with me, quotes coming in at over a grand :(

Clio200 EDC Lux
Just renewed mine with Privelage, Directline won't move on there price! Got it for £371 for the year (£50 cheaper), but that also includes protected no claims and lower excess than directline. Pretty happy!

Oh and the daft thing is Privelage is underwritten by directline!