ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 brembos on a 182?

Turbo LY R27
I'm looking at getting some 8 pots on my 197, but was wondering if my 4 pots will fit the 182 with 2118's on? Has anyone done this? Much if any modification involved at all?

:)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Rikus automotive in the traders section used to make brackets to fit 197/200 calipers under the oz f1 so it should be possible to do it with 2118..

Mental 172 Cup
You can make brembos fit under 15s with the correct brackets, Caliper modification. But unless you do that, 16s or above..

Turbo LY R27
Nice to see the traders on here being so helpful as always....

I want to because I can, and the stopping power will be awesome, it's not huge money and it's currently being built to produce roughly 350bhp.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The standard brembos on the 197 will be fine at that power just upgrade the discs and pads.. RSTuning megane is circa 550bhp an is still running the standard brembos iirc...

Same with the brakes on the 182... They are more than capable with the right discs and pad combo... Unless you want pub talk brakes : rasp:

Lotus Elise

I want to because I can, and the stopping power will be awesome, it's not huge money and it's currently being built to produce roughly 350bhp.

Traders are always helpful :D

What 8 pots are they? Thought about the PF floating disk option? Bigger disk = more stopping power.

4 pots brembos on 1*2 need custom brackets and will be rather hard to get under 2118. The disk to caliper ratio will be a little strange to.

Lionel Richie
Just saying, you don't really need 8pots, why fit a possibly lesser quality caliper than the brembos you already have, with the right pads you'll have more than enough stopping power

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

You'd be better off with a more reliable and more easily servicable 4 pot. Generally the more pistons in a caliper, the more likely you'll have issues with them seizing. This is also related to piston size. If you want better brakes, look at larger radius disks, that will give you a better leverage for the same effort. Then find a compound you like