ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 Cup Spoiler Pics please

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
To cut a long story short, I still have the option of getting a cup spoiler on my 200 (currently have the GT spoiler) and I need to decide by mid/late January which one I'm having.
So, anyone with pictures of Cup spoilers on 197/200, please post them up. I've looked already, but there doesn't seem to be many about (whether that's through fear of ridicule, I don't know?) The more detailed the pics the better. Also, one on a LY would be fantastic, but I think I'm asking for too much now.

Cheers

Mondeo TDCI 130
Image0077.jpg

Image0068.jpg

DSCF1490.jpg

DSCF1407-1.jpg

DSCF1450.jpg

Best i have! :dapprove:

Cliosport 197
What dose the gt spoiler look like????been thinking of getting a spoiler ited too mine lately.

197 cup
Here's a few of mine.

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 102

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Cheers for pics of different spoilers, but it's only really going to be out of Gt or Cup for me. Originally (before I had it) the GT wasn't for me but now i've had it a while i'm starting to prefer it over the Cup.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Cheers for pics of different spoilers, but it's only really going to be out of Gt or Cup for me. Originally (before I had it) the GT wasn't for me but now i've had it a while i'm starting to prefer it over the Cup.

:dapprove:

BMW 320d M-Sport
Keep the GT spoiler Brian, you know it makes sense. I think it's more subtle, sets the car off nicely. Cup spoiler is a bit too big and 'in-yer-face' imo. At least you've got a bit of time to think about it!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, Main thing is, the GT spoiler uses a different tailgate so once I decide either way, there'll be no going back.

Black Clio GT
gt one, dont like the cup one (abit ott) and no spoiler looks like its missing somthing if you get me......

Black 197
Cup spoiler all the way

Colour of the car changes the overall look with the cup spoiler, My 197 is black and with carbon end caps look real nice

I'll post a pic in a sec

Black 197
Heres a shoddy pic when i first got the car at the start of the year

Carbon tips have been added since but i'll get a better pic when in work tonight

Inferno 182
My old 197
cadwellpark040.jpg

new 200
DSC00548.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

either way i think it defo needs a spoiler,the gt spoiler is nice as is the elia one but i think the ott cup spoiler suits the car and makes it more 'aggressive'?

How come the gt uses a different tailgate?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
needs one imo, makes the car for me and distracts from the fugly wheels/front end :rasp:

Cliosport 197
Anyone know if you can buy these gt spoilers and fit them after,or are they only factory fitted when new???If so how much???

Inferno 182
Anyone know if you can buy these gt spoilers and fit them after,or are they only factory fitted when new???If so how much???

The gt spoiler is a £195 fitted option and the cup spoiler is £395 fitted so it is far cheaper spoiler should it become available which i guess it must be as a spare part. Also interestingly or not lol the gt spoiler is fitted with the car at Dieppe but the cup spoiler is put on at the import centre at Southampton

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
dazbav said:
either way i think it defo needs a spoiler,the gt spoiler is nice as is the elia one but i think the ott cup spoiler suits the car and makes it more 'aggressive'?

How come the gt uses a different tailgate?

I'd be inclined to say it doesnt. It just mounts different, so will have different mounting points/holes.

Inferno 182
I'd be inclined to say it doesnt. It just mounts different, so will have different mounting points/holes.

Yep thats what i thought but the the OP 'Brian' says different so was curious

'Yup, Main thing is, the GT spoiler uses a different tailgate so once I decide either way, there'll be no going back.'

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, the GT spoiler uses a different tailgate that has a recess that the spoiler sits in, and can only be fitted at the factory (unless you fancy buying the compatible tailgate aswell)
Cup spoiler is fitted at the import centre.