ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19.9mpg!?! 172 cup any ideas

e92 m3
Is the car car running rough, hesitating etc?

Before spending any money, get the car in the air and try to turn all four wheels by hand. (Out of gear / hand brake off obviously). Sticking calipers on mine has caused poor mpg on a recurring basis.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Do you park up with your key turned to the 2nd click so your petrol needle moves etc?

I was today and my mpg was going down without the engine running lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How do you get sub 10mpg on track? Would need my own personal shell tanker when I take mine lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I get 11 on track with an ancient dizzy and rotor powered F7P turbo engine with 300bhp, so god knows what people do to the F4R's to do that badly

shite mapping? ;)

172 cup
I get 11 on track with an ancient dizzy and rotor powered F7P turbo engine with 300bhp, so god knows what people do to the F4R's to do that badly

s**te mapping? ;)

As my original post usually get 32+ mate , seems to of leveled out now will defiantly keep a close eye on it!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Just check the brakes aren't siezing first. That's an easy one to check by jacking the car up, and also check how hot the brakes/wheels are after 10+ mile drive. Not sure you'd see such a dramatic drop if it was just brakes though.

The front brakes siezed on my S2000 which cut the MPG by from 30 to 26.

172 cup
Just check the brakes aren't siezing first. That's an easy one to check by jacking the car up, and also check how hot the brakes/wheels are after 10+ mile drive. Not sure you'd see such a dramatic drop if it was just brakes though.

The front brakes siezed on my S2000 which cut the MPG by from 30 to 26.

The rear brakes do sieze over night when I park facing down my hill, the lad before me had 1 caliper changed for mot I do belive, mabye the other side needs to be changed I will have a look thanks