ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 xenon bulbs

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
from what i belive the standard xenons are 4300k would i be able to just buy some d2s 6000k bulbs or would i need a full kit ? also is there any differance between the 35w and the 50w/55w

I think you're a little confused.

You can fit any D2S HID lamp you like. Why would you need a HID kit when your car already has one??

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i no i have hids/xenons but i am wanting to upgrade the bulb because when i had my corsa i had 6000k's in and loved them and was wanting to know if i were to get some 6000k bulbs would that be fine or would i need to buy a full 6000k kit

Your car uses D2S HID lamps.

If you can find a 6000k D2S lamp, then you can fit it. I doubt they'd do an aftermarket kit for a car that already has xenons, that's just crazy.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
so if i find some d2s 6000k bulbs i can use them with standard ballasts and everything ??

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
thanks thats what i was aiming for because i did not know if i had to change ballasts with it being a different colour temperature

cheers

ST
Why are you so set on going too 6000k anyway? They'll be a touch more blue but less bright..

Bumder With A Buffer
I used to have 6K in mine...It looked good but was no-where near as good as the beam cast by the 4300K (standard ones)