ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won't select any gears some times?

Clio 182
Hello all first post!
So today I picked up my first 182 just got home after 430 mile round trip! I'm really Impressed with how fun the car is,
But I have found it some times won't select any gears other than fifth when im not moving? No crunching just won't go in at all, Seems fine when I'm driving and it dosent do it all the time. Also the same when the engine is off.
Thanks for any help hope this is in the right section!

BG182
I get the same occasionally when coming out of reverse, usually i just put it in and out of reverse and it sorts it. I'm thinking of trying a powerflex dogbone see of this cures it / stiffens it up a bit.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Inspect the linkage for dry joints and wear before assuming the worst. Check gearbox oil as these boxes do leak where the selector shaft comes out the box as it faces down.

Mines has a quickshift and the change was terrible until I rectified the bone dry and worn joints.

Clio 182
I'll have a check on the oil and the joints then order the dog bone inserts.
Iv read about adjusting the linkage when I searched would this help?

Clio 182
Just been out in it its when you reverse it dose it, sounds the same as yours bb55am if I go for reverse again then seems ok.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Linkage shouldn't need adjusting unless someone has moved it in the past. If you do adjust it. Mark it or measure it so you can return it to where it was if it all goes wrong.