ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 without cup packs

Nissan 350z
I tried search to find something on this, but is there much of a difference between a 182 with neither pack, and one with the chassis pack? I know the other pack was cosmetic. What did the cup do to the 182 chassis/suspension (I know it added the anthracite wheels)?

I owned a 172 cup previously and a 197 with cup pack.

The Cup packs were Spoiler pack (nicer boot spoiler and front splitter) and Suspension pack (upgraded suspension and anthracite wheels).

Nissan 350z
Has anyone driven a 182 with and without cup suspension? And is there a big difference?

A local dealer has a 182 with only 20,000 miles on it, but neither pack.

I realise what the packs are, just more to do with what it actually did to the suspension.

There is a difference, but if you got a 182 without Cup packs, and put some Eibach prolines on, it'd be just as good, if not slightly better.

The extra track width is noticeable IMO, it just makes the car look better and viewing non-cup'd 182s (and also looking at 172s) the narrow track spoils the stance a little. So fitting lowering springs won't change this.

Iceberg 172
Spacers are your friend! I think it's like 13mm so a 7.5mm spacer each side would improve it even more!

Rusty Cup
hmm if your question is, is there a noticable difference (in terms of driving feel) between a 182 with/without cup packs i would say no (from a secondhand buy point of view) because the most noticeable benefit was the tyres and any car over 30k will have ahd these changed and are unlikely to have been replaced with Ps2's @ around £100 a corner.

If you plan on keeping it completely standard i would fine one with both cup packs, i coilovered my clio and changed the wheels so i see no benefit what so ever for having the chassis pack!!

If you're planning on getting coilovers, get a non-cupped one. If not, cupped one is a must IMO.

b/g 182, meg tourer
hi fosk.
i personally wouldn't bother with a non-cup packes 182. the track is wider on the cup packs and the spoiler/splitter look so much better. for the slight diffrence in price i would just find a good cup packes 182... or a 172 cup... or even a decent ph1, love those!

Nothing at the mo :(
Mines a non cup pack 182. i got it about £600 cheaper then a cupped one. and i can put coilovers for £600 and make it better then a FF one

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There is a difference, but if you got a 182 without Cup packs, and put some Eibach prolines on, it'd be just as good, if not slightly better.
Rubbish lol.
If you're planning on coilovers, no problem having a car without cup suspension.
If you aren't, the cup packed car drives better, and will be easier to sell on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mines a non cup pack 182. i got it about £600 cheaper then a cupped one. and i can put coilovers for £600 and make it better then a FF one
£600 for coilovers fitted and setup that perform better than standard? Behave.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I never read the posts but.

As much use as a blind lifeguard.

The 182 shat version.

I never read the posts but.

As much use as a blind lifeguard.

The 182 shat version.

Like people think the ph1 is the faster version of a 182.. but on the road there is nothing in it

same the the cup pack suspension. there will be hardly anything in it

You're wrong, but it's ok. It's not like you're defending the runt of that era because you purchased one.

Im not wrong you spak. if i wanted one i could of easily got one.. but i didnt want one.. cause i wont exactly feel the £600 on the road.. considering on a trackday i went to i was just on eibach springs. cup packs clio didnt fly past me, if anything i was overtaking them

If you want a non cupped pack one get one.. if not get a cup packed one.. its down to personal choice.. i just couldnt see the poiint in spending a extra £600

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They still look like a shat version.

I love to dig out Roy's quote on the 182 non cup packed, made me roffle!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Im not wrong you spak. if i wanted one i could of easily got one.. but i didnt want one.. cause i wont exactly feel the £600 on the road.. considering on a trackday i went to i was just on eibach springs. cup packs clio didnt fly past me, if anything i was overtaking them

If you want a non cupped pack one get one.. if not get a cup packed one.. its down to personal choice.. i just couldnt see the poiint in spending a extra £600
Thats your choice fella. But they are better to drive, so yes, yes you would feel the difference on the road. I don't think I mentioned a cup packed car being faster on track, did I?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
try selling a non cup packed 182.....

They are gash- get a decent cup packed 182-

S

Mountune Tractor
I think it's unfair to say the non packed version is s**t and you shouldn't buy one.
Plenty of old grannies were happy with non cupped 182's out of the factory, hence some were ordered.

Only joking damo :rasp: