ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Using Coolant

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Is this fairly normal? My expansion tank has gone from just under full when i got the car in Feb to just above empty now.

Am i ok just to top such a small amount up with water or do i need to use proper coolant from Renault?

Thanks, Russ

Clio 182 :)
I think you need to stop drinking it :lolup:

Seriously, get some at a local car shop, (or Renault if you want to), but do not replace it by water ! ! !
IMO, water is just an emergency solution ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
But it tastes so good :( lol

I'll go get some tommorow. I just read somewere that you can only use Type D coolant or something?

Clio 182 :)
I think you're right... Type D iirc...

Best thing to do : ask your local renault dealer, and then go somewhere else to buy the coolant :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think you're right... Type D iirc...

Best thing to do : ask your local renault dealer, and then go somewhere else to buy the coolant :)

Lol Like it.

Well directly across the road from my Renault dealer is....a GSF!

That'll do nicely i think...pretty good idea of GSF to set up there imo after people have been into Renault and been given an astronomical price for a washer or something.

Recaro'd 182
go to gsf much cheaper, i asked for a 5l+ 2L container and he only had the 2l ones which came up as 1l ones at the till so i took 4 at half the price!

ITB'd MK1
for that small amount water will be totally fine for a top up, just be aware that you can't top it up with water every time it needs it or the concentration will drop.

Clio 182
Hi Guys - I need to do a coolant change. Do u have a link to the type d coolant from GSF you mentioned above as i can't find this on their website.
Can you confirm how much i need to get to do a complete coolant change

Cheers
Rob

Hi Guys - I need to do a coolant change. Do u have a link to the type d coolant from GSF you mentioned above as i can't find this on their website.
Can you confirm how much i need to get to do a complete coolant change

Cheers
Rob

5 liters from memory but do a search ive written it before